Welcome Anonymous !

Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

May 30 & June 1 - Los Angeles, CA

2008 North American tour and all other 2008 gigs here.

by Katie » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:46 am

What a sweetie. I feel a little sad that people immediately asked where Jemaine was though. For a second he looked a bit hurt, like, "But I'm here...was it just Jemaine you wanted?" :'(
Katie
Totally Fine

by ines » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:12 am

I know Katie, sad huh. I know on the second night when they both came out more people flocked around Jemaine than Bret.
But he had me. So he wasn't too lonely LOL!
ines
The day time of the night

by ladytronzapatista » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:30 pm

Katie wrote:What a sweetie. I feel a little sad that people immediately asked where Jemaine was though. For a second he looked a bit hurt, like, "But I'm here...was it just Jemaine you wanted?" :'(

This is the saddest thing I've read on this board by far. Aww Bret.
ladytronzapatista
My shadow played a bass clarinet

by hellomyfriend » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:04 pm

Fallon wrote:
Katie wrote:What a sweetie. I feel a little sad that people immediately asked where Jemaine was though. For a second he looked a bit hurt, like, "But I'm here...was it just Jemaine you wanted?" :'(

This is the saddest thing I've read on this board by far. Aww Bret.

I know!! :'( :'( :'( Why doesn't Bret get more love? He's so amazing!
hellomyfriend
Probing Planet Bret

by ohjeez » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:45 pm

:'(

aww bret! we love you.
ohjeez

by severine999 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:08 pm

I agree. I slightly prefer Jemaine, sure, but anyone who can't see how great Bret is too is just plain stupid. The fans' behavior that night still angers me to no end. Anyone who would do that is not a true FotC fan. It's utterly ridiculous that they'd rather run the streets chasing after Jemaine (which I'm sure he would just *love*--strike two against them) than enjoy the equally talented and supafine Conchord who was nice enough to come out and meet with them, which he totally didn't have to do, btw. They should feel blessed to meet either of these wonderful men. Ungrateful!

I said it before and I'll say it again: I think it was amazing of Bret to go out there alone that night. He's no dummy; he knew what was going to happen. He did it anyway, though, because he felt he owed it to the fans, and he ultimately handled the situation like the gentleman he is.

But that brief look on his face broke my heart a little too. I love you Bret!!!!!! You're too good to us!
severine999

by SheWolf » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:24 pm

hellomyfriend wrote:

Oh my gosh! Is there anything in the entire world more lovable than Bret??

Yes. Bret bearing chocolate.

For a split second he did look a bit taken aback by the woman immediately piping up "where's Jemaine" but hell I'd do that too and it's not just because I'm a Jemainiac, it's because we're used to seeing them together, particularly at the meet and greets. maybe she was concerned that Jemaine had fallen ill or something. I think Bret should have expected that question.
SheWolf
Let's boom the boom

by caiknbake » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:30 pm

to the credit of the person who said, "where's jemaine?" i do think that if just jemaine had come out, someone would have probably just as quickly said, "where's bret?" but yeah...he did look sad for a split second, but he handled it so gallantly that you can't help but want to sweep him off his feet and give him a kiss on the cheek right there :)
ImageImage
caiknbake
PANTIES ON

by Katie » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:58 pm

caiknbake wrote:to the credit of the person who said, "where's jemaine?" i do think that if just jemaine had come out, someone would have probably just as quickly said, "where's bret?" but yeah...he did look sad for a split second, but he handled it so gallantly that you can't help but want to sweep him off his feet and give him a kiss on the cheek right there :)

Yeah, I don't blame the person for asking. I mean, someone had to ask. And I'm sure they're both used to being asked where the other one is, even when they're out and about in 'real life'.
Katie
Totally Fine

by severine999 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:32 pm

I'm sorry, but I still think it was rude. I would've *wanted* to ask, but no matter what my intentions were, genuinely concerned or no, doing so in that manner can only come across as insensitive and hurtful. The only acceptable way I can think of to ask is if you were already talking to Bret and maybe casually asking 'so where's Jemaine tonight?' Even then, I would feel weird about it. Shouting it as soon as he walked out (and him bearing chocolates, no less!) was, I felt, mean. As for saying that he expects it because people are so used to their being together, that only makes me doubly not want to ask. They both must get tired of people always asking 'where's (the other one)?', like they're joined at the hip or something. Just because they expect it doesn't make it the right thing to do.

Sorry for going off....there's just something about Bret that makes me very protective of him!
severine999

by hellomyfriend » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:42 pm

severine999 wrote:... Sorry for going off....there's just something about Bret that makes me very protective of him!

For me, it's the bottom lip:

[image]

*snuggling Bret*
hellomyfriend
Probing Planet Bret

by caiknbake » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:43 pm

i agree that the way that person went about it was rude. and i'm not sure there would be a "good" way to ask that question. i'm just sayin' i might have been that rude person, whether it was bret or jemaine, 'cause that's just me ;)
ImageImage
caiknbake
PANTIES ON

by chloe » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:28 pm

I'd probably ask that too, but not in a rude way. If it was me, I'd probably be like, "OMG BRETTTTT!!!!!!" *hugs/pictures/autographs/telling him how awesome he is* then I'd be like "where's Jemaine tonight?"
I mean, 'cause I'd be happy to see either of them, even without the presence of the other.
chloe
The Unf! Fairy

by ladytronzapatista » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:11 pm

chloe wrote:I'd probably ask that too, but not in a rude way. If it was me, I'd probably be like, "OMG BRETTTTT!!!!!!" *hugs/pictures/autographs/telling him how awesome he is* then I'd be like "where's Jemaine tonight?"
I mean, 'cause I'd be happy to see either of them, even without the presence of the other.

Totally. I love Bret, but in a completely different kind of love than what I have for Jemaine....of course, I'd love to huggle Bret to pieces any day of the week, but my staunch inner Jemaniac wouldn't help but be curious as to know where Jemaine's whereabouts are.
ladytronzapatista

by ohjeez » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:02 pm

SORRY TO INTERRUPT

but i was watching the video again and does anyone else laugh at

"CHOCOLATE?!"

just the way that person says it cracks me up...

as well as

"wow...that's cool..."

hahhah
ohjeez

PreviousNext

Return to 2008 North American Tour