Welcome Anonymous !

Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

were you unable to meet the guys?

2008 North American tour and all other 2008 gigs here.

by caiknbake » Sat May 31, 2008 2:24 am

hey all! so i may be jumping the gun on this a little (yis actually, yis), but i've been thinking about how sad i've been at the prospect that i might not meet the guys on sunday, and how sad i know others have been for not meeting them. and now that the meet and greet situation in la is looking a little more promising (STILL no word from chrissy, but it sounds much more like the other shows than the san fran situations), i was thinking that JUST IN CASE i get to meet them sunday, i want to compile a list of those who had wanted to meet them and weren't able to, and try to do a shoutout for y'all :D so if you are in this category, can you post here so i can put you on the list? and please put how you would like to be identified (screenname, first name, first name + flighty, etc) as well. i don't want to leave anyone out, and i don't trust my memory, so i need your help!
ImageImage
caiknbake
PANTIES ON

by princessofparties » Sat May 31, 2008 2:41 am

MARIKA!!!!!!

pronunciation: MAR-E-KUH

if it's bret that does it, tell him we have same birthday:)
and if jemaine does it, im sure he'll think of something right?! tell jemaine he's my favorite :)

ah hell, i love them both! i hope this happens tomorrow...and if im the only one they shout out too i hope it's lovely and exciting:)
princessofparties
Lost but happy at sea

by chloe » Sat May 31, 2008 2:41 am

Chloe. (and if the message gets sent in time, you can describe me as the girl that drew the fanart of them holding onto the flying guitars). .. actually, tell them anyway whether or not they've gotten the message by Sunday. They will soon enough. :D
Thank you!
chloe
The Unf! Fairy

by hellomyfriend » Sat May 31, 2008 11:53 am

Nikki <-- my name!

I wasn't able to meet them! I especially wanted to give Bret a hug and tell him how cute and funny he is, but they didn't do a meet and greet in SF. :'(

This will definitely make me feel a bit better. Thank you so much for this. You're awesome! :D
hellomyfriend
Probing Planet Bret

by flippintalene7 » Sat May 31, 2008 12:21 pm

omg, you have no idea how much better i would feel if you got to do this. not just for me but for all of us who were robbed of our chances...lol...i'm still blaming the crowd for scaring them away.

anyways, can you tell them to give a shoutout to Talene or Flighty Talene, i dont really care...oh and for clarification, my name is pronounced as Tall-Lean. lol
(which i'm neither...haha)

could you also try to mention that i am the girl who made them the Albi doll? i really wanted them to have it!...oh well, tell them that i will get it to them some day! haha
flippintalene7
Let's boom the boom

by ines » Sat May 31, 2008 12:28 pm

I know how you feel Caitlin. I really hope we meet the guys on sunday.. or atleast the boom king...

Sorry Talene :( They did say they were going to tour again next year.
It totally sucks for the fans who really wanted to meet them and haven't been able to :(
ines
The day time of the night

by ohjeez » Sat May 31, 2008 1:45 pm

this is so incredibly nice of you caitlin! ;D

CYNTHIA [that's me] and my friend CAITLIN...if you could tell them that we both thought their nob hill show was amazing and that we both lost our shii during the boom dance [we're really glad they did it by the way], that would be great! hahah.
ohjeez
My shadow played a bass clarinet

by tanfastic » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:10 am

Well aren't ya gonna tell Bret that every girl likes a nice forearm and his are way hot??!!
tanfastic
Let's boom the boom

by caiknbake » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:38 am

k summing up what i've seen so far, and correct me if i'm wrong (i'm gonna have to write this down 'cause i'm N.E.R.V.O.U.S. already and it's not even 9am!):

*marika (la show, mar-ee-kuh, same bday as bret)
*chloe (sf show, flying guitar pic)
*nikki (sf show)
*talene (sf show, tall-lean, albi)
*cynthia and caitlin (sf show, lost shii during boom dance)

i think we're gonna be leaving here around 4 pacific time, so if there's anyone else, or any changes to be made, let me know asap!
ImageImage
caiknbake
PANTIES ON

by hellomyfriend » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:06 am

Also, tell Bret that Nikki (me) thinks he has beautiful cheekbones! Please remember the cheekbones! :D
hellomyfriend
Probing Planet Bret

by princessofparties » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:31 am

caiknbake wrote:k summing up what i've seen so far, and correct me if i'm wrong (i'm gonna have to write this down 'cause i'm N.E.R.V.O.U.S. already and it's not even 9am!):

*nikki (sf show)

i think we're gonna be leaving here around 4 pacific time, so if there's anyone else, or any changes to be made, let me know asap!

i sent you a better pronunciation: it's MAR-E-KUH, it just flows..no emphasis or else it'll just sound weird haha. i hope they get to pronounce my name. if you want: im going to be at work-call my cellphone and listen to my voicemail , i say my name on there: 310-592-7603. i wont be able to pick up but call as many times as you want in order to hear the pronunciation:) tell jemaine i love himtoo!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
princessofparties
Lost but happy at sea

by shianne517 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:57 am

caiknbake wrote:k summing up what i've seen so far, and correct me if i'm wrong (i'm gonna have to write this down 'cause i'm N.E.R.V.O.U.S. already and it's not even 9am!):

*nikki (sf show)

I didn't get to meet them at the DC show because I had a sick kid at home. I was a little bummed, but my mama services were needed.

Jemaine did end up wishing me happy birthday on my myspace and even responded to one of my emails thanking him. That helped.

Have fun at the show!!
shianne517
Jem Ho

by ohjeez » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:22 pm

*nikki (sf show)

aww thanks again! i just really want them to know that we both had an amazing time at their nob hill show.

don't worry if you don't get it..it's not a big deal. just remember to have fun! ;D
ohjeez

by chloe » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:27 pm

Yeah, Nob Hill really was a great show, wasn't it? :)
chloe
The Unf! Fairy

by ohjeez » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:39 pm

it definitely was. i'm bummed that they were so tired for that show, but it was still fantastic. i'm just glad i got to go.
ohjeez

Next

Return to 2008 North American Tour