Welcome Anonymous !

Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

SP20... theme song

2008 North American tour and all other 2008 gigs here.

by talkingstove » Fri May 23, 2008 4:55 pm

So, at SP20, there is going to be a lot of us and I was thinking about what we could do for them as a big group and here are my thoughts:
1) For Jem!!!! - We all know Jem has a murse fetish so, what if we scour the flea marktes, vintage shops, and other cool, hip kinda places that have said murses and buy him the most awesomest one on the planet. That way we know that we will be getting something that he will not only love but might also use, and may be out in public with and get pictures taken in so that our hearts can melt multiple times from the one gift. Then, we each can put something into the murse for him. For example, in my mind, he always has a book in the murse so my addition would be a Klosterman or a Palaniuk or some such author/book that is my favorite and that I would love for him to read. Someone else might want to give him an eyeglass repair kit or some other kitschy, cute thing! I don't know, it's up to you guys to come up with it all! And everyone can put in something that exists in their mind-murse into the real murse and make it into reality! :)
2) For Bret!!! - We will have to think of something as awesome for Bret. Sorry guys, my mental state is too full of Jem-thoughts to be coming up with any for Bret. :D Does anyone have an equal-ish idea for a Bret-gift?

Does anyone like my gift? Do you guys think we should do it?
talkingstove
Turning white clouds grey

by alexandriaj22 » Fri May 23, 2008 5:01 pm

i really like the idea actually. very original and lovely!
I LOVE the Klosterman suggestion by the way lol
alexandriaj22
Ah, Gerard Depardieu

by sharona65 » Fri May 23, 2008 5:19 pm

i think this is a cool idea deanna! my creative idea skills are lacking, but give me a bit of time and i'll see what i can come up with for bret!
sharona65

by boomqueen » Fri May 23, 2008 5:49 pm

Awesome Idea for Jem, Deanna!

Ok so my to do list

Get a photo of Todd making his bongo face or saying "The Pussayyyy"/Get Autograph
Get a photo with/Autograph of Eugene and Kristen
Get a photo with/Autograph of David Cross

buy Jemaine a murse
Think of something to buy/make to put in the murse...then buy/make it
get sexy video for A-Dawg
Have Bret look at me like i'm his one one for a pic and hold me like he never wants to let go
Get Autographs on my FOTC poster
Do something special for misty
MAYBE get a flighty shout out
Think of a gift for Bret

WOAH! *overwhelmed*
boomqueen
You don't have to be a prostitute

by boomqueen » Fri May 23, 2008 5:51 pm

Oh and make my Flighty Shirt!! AHH!!

I still have to get my passport too! My heads going to explode!!
boomqueen

by Amily » Fri May 23, 2008 11:20 pm

OMG Deanna! I love your idea for Jem... seriously. That's such a good idea... I think that he'll really enjoy the murse and seeing all the little treasures inside. Good on ya for thinking of this one lol

As for Bret... I'll have to get back to you.
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by boomqueen » Sat May 24, 2008 12:02 am

I was thinking if we could find a pinata...any kind of pinata related to bret but preferrably a ukulele or guitar...filled with gifts....so i can watch him smash it all sexy like lol

I want to buy bret a cool tie lol...he wears lots of em and maybe I'll see him wearing it!
boomqueen

by boomqueen » Sat May 24, 2008 12:03 am

The pinata thing I just thought of because I imagine him smashing it...I'm sure we can come up with something better though lol
boomqueen

by caiknbake » Sat May 24, 2008 12:25 am

i was thinking bret might like something dance-related....and i bet sin has some ideas in that realm :) although i like your ideas too, jess, so i don't know...

of course, i won't actually be there, so it's up to y'all. wah! T_T
ImageImage
caiknbake
PANTIES ON

by alexandriaj22 » Sat May 24, 2008 10:53 am

LOL
guys do you mind if i stick my Prince poster that i was going to give to Jemaine at the Ann Arbor show in the murse? i was going to put Jemaine's face on Prince's body lmao...is that a bit....you know...weird?

THANK YOU FOR THE VIDEO AHEAD OF TIME
you can't tame the A-Dawg...you can't lease or leash me either.
alexandriaj22
Ah, Gerard Depardieu

by sharona65 » Sat May 24, 2008 12:19 pm

haha, you're so small alex, i think we should just put you in the murse!!

and caik! my brain is on overload with dance-related ideas!! the trick is finding a way to make them into something that bret can actually take with him!.........i'll work on it ;D
sharona65

by caiknbake » Sat May 24, 2008 2:43 pm

sharona65 wrote:haha, you're so small alex, i think we should just put you in the murse!!

and caik! my brain is on overload with dance-related ideas!! the trick is finding a way to make them into something that bret can actually take with him!.........i'll work on it ;D

haha i knew you'd pick up the slack for my lack of dance knowledge :D
ImageImage
caiknbake
PANTIES ON

by talkingstove » Sat May 24, 2008 3:08 pm

*boom-queen* wrote:I was thinking if we could find a pinata...any kind of pinata related to bret but preferrably a ukulele or guitar...filled with gifts....so i can watch him smash it all sexy like lol

I want to buy bret a cool tie lol...he wears lots of em and maybe I'll see him wearing it!

The pinata idea would be so cute! I think that it should be in the shape of a ukele for sure. And if we can't find one, we can always paper-mache one together. I've done them before for people's birthdays and they are actually fun to make!

And the tie thing would be awesome! I'd say to check out some yard sales or something of that nature to find some really awesome '80s ties! I could totally see Bret rockin' a hot pink and green tie! :D

Also Alex, your poster idea is great!It definitely belongs in the murse!
talkingstove
Turning white clouds grey

by caiknbake » Sat May 24, 2008 3:30 pm

talkingstove wrote:I could totally see Bret rockin' a hot pink and green tie! :D

oh HELL yes! omg how great would it be if we later saw a pic of bret wearing the tie we gave him???
ImageImage
caiknbake
PANTIES ON

by sharona65 » Sat May 24, 2008 3:36 pm

haha, a box full of crazy ties would be awesome for bret!!
sharona65

PreviousNext

Return to 2008 North American Tour