Welcome Anonymous !

Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

May 27 & 29 - San Francisco, CA

2008 North American tour and all other 2008 gigs here.

by chloe » Fri May 30, 2008 10:48 pm

Yeah, it was great to meet some flighties. :D
Um. . I'm just wondering, did my message and picture ever get sent? I couldn't see anything that looked like it on the guys' myspace page, but then again, I really have no idea how to navigate myspace. They also need to at least see the pictures of Albi. :)

I just had an idea for a message that could go in the egg, actually. A message from Albi himself that says "I love you guys. . in the most racist way possible!" --Albi
:D
chloe
The Unf! Fairy

by boomqueen » Sat May 31, 2008 12:22 am

no we havent sent it yet...but we are going to send it in a message not a comment so you wont be able to see it on their page...unless they post it in the fan art.

Talene...before we sent chloe's do you want us to send them albi and a message from you or are you going to send it yourself?
boomqueen
You don't have to be a prostitute

by Amily » Sat May 31, 2008 12:26 am

*boom-queen* wrote:no we havent sent it yet...but we are going to send it in a message not a comment so you wont be able to see it on their page...unless they post it in the fan art.

We'll send the message through the message board's myspace page and FOR SURE tell you if he reads or responds to it. :)
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by chloe » Sat May 31, 2008 12:49 am

*dances* Thanks guys! :D
chloe
The Unf! Fairy

by mumblo » Sat May 31, 2008 8:30 am

Hello, I'm de-lurking for a bit to add some comments about Thursday's show. I was one of the fortunate people who was able to attend both shows. Tuesday's crowd was much tamer than most of the crowds on the tour, so I'm not convinced that crowd behavior was to blame for the guys opting out of the meet and greet. ??? So, back to Thursday. Obviously, this show has been overshadowed by the negatives. Here's one that hasn't been mentioned yet: I was in the rear orchestra on Bret's side. At one point early in the show, someone started smoking pot. Did I mention we were in a symphony hall? Stay classy, San Francisco. </sarcasm> Anyway, onto some positives! (These are keeping me from getting too depressed about not meeting the guys.)

1. Aside from dealing with hecklers, the guys did seem to enjoy actually performing the show.
2. Bret broke character and laughed during the bit about his children's children's children being small enough to be killed by a piece of tomato falling from a sandwich.
3. Jemaine was very impressed with himself when he "Fonzied" the omnichord. At first the omnichord wasn't working because the batteries were low (Aziz was "going off" on it before the show. Bret let us know that "going off" was bandspeak for playing.) Anyway, the soundcrew at the hall were johnny-on-the-spot and got new batteries pretty quickly. Jemaine tried a second time and it wasn't quite working. Slightly frustrated, he kind of banged the omnichord with both fists. Lo and behold, out popped the now-familiar "oom-pah-pah" of the Ex-Girlfriends song! His reaction was precious.
4. During "Bowie," Bret really got into the whole anti-gravity thing. He was pretending he was floating, he picked up his bottle of water and pretended that was floating, too. Then at the end of the song, he did the same thing with his guitar.
5. Bret misheard someone shouting from the balcony. He said that it sounded like they said, "Take off your jaw." He ad-libbed about how that would be pretty awesome and if someone like an archaeologist from the future could come back and examine that moment, they would think the guys were awesome. He said something like, "Wow, these guys rocked." During this section, Jemaine let out one of his beautiful honking laughs. Ah, if only I could bottle that!

Um, that's all I can remember off the top of my head. If more comes to mind, I'll add to this post.
mumblo
Lost but happy at sea

by ines » Sat May 31, 2008 8:36 am

mumblo wrote:Hello, I'm de-lurking for a bit to add some comments about Thursday's show. I was one of the fortunate people who was able to attend both shows. Tuesday's crowd was much tamer than most of the crowds on the tour, so I'm not convinced that crowd behavior was to blame for the guys opting out of the meet and greet. ??? So, back to Thursday. Obviously, this show has been overshadowed by the negatives. Here's one that hasn't been mentioned yet: I was in the rear orchestra on Bret's side. At one point early in the show, someone started smoking pot. Did I mention we were in a symphony hall? Stay classy, San Francisco. </sarcasm> Anyway, onto some positives! (These are keeping me from getting too depressed about not meeting the guys.)

1. Aside from dealing with hecklers, the guys did seem to enjoy actually performing the show.
2. Bret broke character and laughed during the bit about his children's children's children being small enough to be killed by a piece of tomato falling from a sandwich.
3. Jemaine was very impressed with himself when he "Fonzied" the omnichord. At first the omnichord wasn't working because the batteries were low (Aziz was "going off" on it before the show. Bret let us know that "going off" was bandspeak for playing.) Anyway, the soundcrew at the hall were johnny-on-the-spot and got new batteries pretty quickly. Jemaine tried a second time and it wasn't quite working. Slightly frustrated, he kind of banged the omnichord with both fists. Lo and behold, out popped the now-familiar "oom-pah-pah" of the Ex-Girlfriends song! His reaction was precious.
4. During "Bowie," Bret really got into the whole anti-gravity thing. He was pretending he was floating, he picked up his bottle of water and pretended that was floating, too. Then at the end of the song, he did the same thing with his guitar.
5. Bret misheard someone shouting from the balcony. He said that it sounded like they said, "Take off your jaw." He ad-libbed about how that would be pretty awesome and if someone like an archaeologist from the future could come back and examine that moment, they would think the guys were awesome. He said something like, "Wow, these guys rocked." During this section, Jemaine let out one of his beautiful honking laughs. Ah, if only I could bottle that!

Um, that's all I can remember off the top of my head. If more comes to mind, I'll add to this post.

Thanks Mumblo!

"Fonzied"....brilliant!
ines
The day time of the night

by mumblo » Sat May 31, 2008 8:37 am

One more thing! During "Most Beautiful Girl," when Jemaine says the whole beautiful like a tree, ceramics, high-class prostitute, etc. line... he said, "You're beautiful, like a plant, or a cake... yum, yum, yum, yum!" I figured of couple of you flighties would enjoy that line!!
mumblo
Lost but happy at sea

by ines » Sat May 31, 2008 8:46 am

LOL, i think i know someone might want to hear about that line! Like a "cake, yum yum yum yum" !

ines
The day time of the night

by step0nmi » Sat May 31, 2008 10:24 am

mumblo said:"During this section, Jemaine let out one of his beautiful honking laughs. Ah, if only I could bottle that! "

~REALLY! OMG! I missed that! I love his laugh! That makes me soo happy that SOMEONE got to hear it on this tour! Thank you for the highlight! :)

mumblo also said Jeamine said: "You're beautiful, like a plant, or a cake... yum, yum, yum, yum!"

OMG!!!! EAT ME UP JEMAINE!
I'VE GOTTEN TO HIM! YES! i KNOW HE LIKES CAKE NOW!!
yes, I like the sound of that... ;)

step0nmi

by step0nmi » Sat May 31, 2008 10:25 am

OOOooo! I just realized HOW dirrty that last part was...tee hee ;D I don't care! I meant it! ;)
step0nmi

by hellomyfriend » Sat May 31, 2008 12:31 pm

Ex-Girlfriends ... when Jemaine's little instrument started acting wonky. I wanted to give him a hug!

Talking about Murray, Jem's provocative shirt, "Free Bird," and the audience's sinful thoughts:

;D

I wish "Angels" was posted too! It was awesome!
hellomyfriend
Probing Planet Bret

by flippintalene7 » Sat May 31, 2008 12:33 pm

haha, omg i forgot about that. when i heard him say the bit about cake i totally thought of you Steph!

another part from the show was when Jem was making fun of freebird and they both started talking in really heavy southern american white trash accents!! it was awesome! they started talking about the song but i cant remeber what they said...something like that song helps you get laid and then in the morning you can say sorry but im a free bird and leave.lol or something like that...

ok so to answer Jess, YESSSS i would definitely love it if you could include Albi in the message you're sending the guys through the message board. i feel like i have a better chance at getting Albi seen through this message rather than one i send on my own. i did try apologizng in a comment but it got pushed to the next page so fast, i'm pretty sure he missed it. when are you planning on sending it? so i can a little note for them ready? thanks for this chance!

oh and on a side note, i heard from LJ that at the Davies show ppl were smoking weed...and the girl who posted on LJ said that she was scared for her pregnant friend. but what got me was the shirt she was wearing..."his rhymes were so potent."

man, that definitely should have been showed to the guys. i think thats hilarious!

flippintalene7
Let's boom the boom

by hellomyfriend » Sat May 31, 2008 12:35 pm

flippinTalene wrote: ...
another part from the show was when Jem was making fun of freebird and they both started talking in really heavy southern american white trash accents!! it was awesome! they started talking about the song but i cant remeber what they said...something like that song helps you get laid and then in the morning you can say sorry but im a free bird and leave.lol or something like that...

I just posted the vid of it! :D
hellomyfriend
Probing Planet Bret

by ohjeez » Sat May 31, 2008 1:40 pm

mumblo wrote: Tuesday's crowd was much tamer than most of the crowds on the tour, so I'm not convinced that crowd behavior was to blame for the guys opting out of the meet and greet. ???
YES!! i really don't think it was the crowd that made them rush off. we were really good compared to others it seems.

LOLZ i just watched that davies video..bret: "you've been a difficult, terrible crowd..."

aww... :P
ohjeez
My shadow played a bass clarinet

by boomqueen » Sat May 31, 2008 2:02 pm

"You're a lady and I'm a bird...it'll never work out"

Oh my god that was soooo funny!

Aww and poor Jemainy with the omnichord...he put his head down and I was all "Aww...no it's ok Jemaine" haha

Oh and Talene I want to send it either today OR the day after tomorrow....when they are done the tour might be better...but if i have time to today I will
boomqueen
You don't have to be a prostitute

PreviousNext

Return to 2008 North American Tour