Welcome Anonymous !

Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

The Tour Appreciation Thread!

2009 North American tour and all other 2009 gigs here.

by sheila » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:48 pm

hellomyfriend wrote:

- Seeing Flighty gifts onstage!

[image]
[image]

so basically, Flighties are responsible for ALL of the musical instruments found in this picture! [image] [image] [image]

[image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image]
sheila
Way less focused than squirrels

by Amily » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:51 pm

sheila wrote:
hellomyfriend wrote:

- Seeing Flighty gifts onstage!

[image]
[image]

so basically, Flighties are responsible for ALL of the musical instruments found in this picture! [image] [image] [image]

Oh Sheila, thank you for pointing that out! Haha I didn't even think about it. It made me smile a huge smile, like this ---> ;D when I really needed it. [image] [image] [image]

B & J are the bombdizzle. [image]
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by sheila » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:52 pm

Amily wrote:
sheila wrote:

Oh Sheila, thank you for pointing that out! Haha I didn't even think about it. It made me smile a huge smile, like this ---> ;D when I really needed it. [image] [image] [image]

B & J are the bombdizzle. [image]

[image]
sheila

by earthintruder » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:00 pm

Jumping on the bandwagon here...

1. The Fox Theatre. I've only been there three times in my whole life and I hope to be there again- it's the best venue in Atlanta.

2. Spending time with my mom. Sure, it was awkward and I had to stamp down the urge to check out the sugalumps every couple of seconds but she enjoyed the show and that made me happy.

3. Seeing all the guys trying to dress like Jemaine was pretty hilarious.

4. Hearing Jem's introduction for Kristen Schaal. He's so cute and hilarious and it made me love him even more.

5. Kristen's performance. Almost everything was new and she even had a couple of Atlanta-specific jokes which made me happy.

6. "The Lost City of Atlanta"

7. Hearing "Jenny" live. I wanted to hear that probably more than anything else and they played it.

8. Was it just me or did it seem like I was the ONLY one singing along to "Choir of Ex-Girlfriends"? Maybe I just couldn't hear.

9. Scoping out all the different fans waiting for the meet and greet. It's pretty diverse but not nearly so diverse as the crowd that turned out to see Bjork.

10. Realising that I was freaking out WAY too much and actually trying to not cry when I met Bret. And then he broke the ice for me by signing my little poster I'd made for my friend Melissa, who, when I gave it to her, promptly put it into a frame.

11. I. Touched. Jemaine. Enough said.

12. Getting a hug from Kristin. I felt like if we'd hung out we could've ended up best friends, she was so nice.

13. The gorgeous dreams I've had and getting to tell so many people about it and re-living it every time.

14. I have bragging rights forever over some of my friends; I met, hugged, and got pictures and autographs from two of the most attractive men on the planet. Suck on THAT, girl I went to high school with that met Cher!

15. Hearing all your stories and seeing your pictures. It just warms my heart to know that these guys care so much for their fans. In a couple of years, maybe we'll all get to see them again and those that didn't, will.
earthintruder
The day time of the night

by badatom » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:30 am

Is it Thanksgiving yet? :)

I'm grateful for the following things:

1) My 'moment of glory' in front of 5,200 people in Detroit:
[image]
Me: "Play whatever you want!"
Jemaine: "Play whatever we want? I've never heard anyone say that at a show before. Thank you, sir, I believe we will."

2) Getting the guys to talk to my little brother Matthew on the phone at 3 in the freakin' morning to tell him to get a job and clean his room.
[image]

3) Jemaine telling me he has my video game on his laptop.
[image]
Me: "Man, you just made my day." [image]

4) Pouting with Bret and scowling with Jemaine.
[image]
[image]

5) And last but not least, Kelly for making the third-most-awesome day of my life possible! [image]
badatom
I'm not crying

by onlyalways » Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:32 pm

Great list! I especially enjoy:

Bad Atom wrote:
1) My 'moment of glory' in front of 5,200 people in Detroit:
[image]
Me: "Play whatever you want!"
Jemaine: "Play whatever we want? I've never heard anyone say that at a show before. Thank you, sir, I believe we will."

I didn't know this! That is so awesome!! [image]

We must be good at guitar... we're not that good.

tumblr | twitter
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

by sheila » Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:28 pm

earthintruder wrote:

14. I have bragging rights forever over some of my friends; I met, hugged, and got pictures and autographs from two of the most attractive men on the planet. Suck on THAT, girl I went to high school with that met Cher!

[image] [image] [image]

earthintruder wrote:
15. Hearing all your stories and seeing your pictures. It just warms my heart to know that these guys care so much for their fans. In a couple of years, maybe we'll all get to see them again and those that didn't, will.

your recap was lovely! [image]

sheila

by sheila » Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:32 pm

Bad Atom wrote:

4) Pouting with Bret and scowling with Jemaine.
[image]
[image]

lovely!

[image] [image] [image]
sheila

by earthintruder » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:15 pm

sheila wrote:
earthintruder wrote:

[image] [image] [image]

Yeah, she bragged about it all the time. I can't remember her name but I can easily recall what she looked like- mostly because I'm convinced I'll see her mugshot one of these days when she gets arrested for stalking Johnny Depp. Us Flighties may seem a little crazy sometimes but this chick actually was. She was OBSESSED with him.
earthintruder
The day time of the night

by cheapzoo » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:22 pm

Gosh, I've loved reading all your memories, they're just adorable.
And those quilts some of you made?! Wow. Seriously. So cute. You guys did an AMAZING job with those.

I feel like I went to some of this tour now and at the time I didn't even know it was happening! Oh man, this thread is awesome. [image]
cheapzoo
Beneath a willow tree

Previous

Return to 2009 North American Tour