Welcome Anonymous !

Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

The Tour Appreciation Thread!

2009 North American tour and all other 2009 gigs here.

by shianne517 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:24 pm

Here is my personal digital collection from the tour:

DC Show on 4.13:

Bus Driver's Song (it's a shiity video):
http://vimeo.com/4259481

Photos: http://tinypic.com/a/r1i1/2

Denver Show on 5.16:

Jem and Bret photos: http://tinypic.com/a/sw80/2

Arj Photos: http://tinypic.com/a/sw95/2

Las Vegas show on 5.23:

Videos:

Arj talking to Lulu: http://vimeo.com/4809327

Photos: http://tinypic.com/a/tpc6/2

Me and Arj photo:
[image]

Me and Jem photos:
[image]

[image]

LA Show on 5.24:

Me and SheShe:
[image]

The shirt that Matt (the sound guy) gave me to throw on stage:
[image]

The video:

Photos: http://tinypic.com/a/tpfk/2

Me and Bret photos:

(the one he took)
[image]

(the one I took)
[image]

My ticket stubs from all 5 shows (including the tour from last year):
[image]
Yeah, it's crooked.

I had so much fun on this tour. I will never forget it. I am so happy to have met so many of you and I really hope we can do this again (like REALLY HOPE).

[image]
shianne517
Jem Ho

by onlyalways » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:02 pm

^^^AAAHHHH!!! That was an amazing list! [image]

That was the first time I saw your Arj video. [image] [image] [image]

I love how you are all: "Tell her you love her!"

Arj: "...Sending lots of love!" [image]

And I hope so so so much they go on tour again too. [image] I don't want that to be my first and last show... and the flighty meet-up was so fun! [image]

We must be good at guitar... we're not that good.

tumblr | twitter
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

by shianne517 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:05 pm

onlyalways wrote:^^^AAAHHHH!!! That was an amazing list! [image]

That was the first time I saw your Arj video. [image] [image] [image]

I love how you are all: "Tell her you love her!"

Arj: "...Sending lots of love!" [image]

And I hope so so so much they go on tour again too. [image] I don't want that to be my first and last show... and the flighty meet-up was so fun! [image]

I was surprised that he didn't say "I love you".

I guess he's one of those people that only says it when it's all serious and junk.

shianne517
Jem Ho

by caiknbake » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:28 am

i [image] this thread [image]

too sleepy to make a list right now, but hopefully i'll get around to it...
ImageImage
caiknbake
PANTIES ON

by gezyka » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:47 am

Finally doing this...

Each show I went to was amazing in its own way! [image]

AUSTIN: My first Conchords show, ever. [image] I went with my roommates (my best friend and her husband) who were actually the first people to really get me into FOTC.

Favorite moments from this show:
* "A Texan Odyssey" reenactment [image] [image] [image] [image]
* "Take Your Shirts Off, Austin" [image]
* Demon Woman! [image] (with Eugene!)

[image]
[size=133]/|\
[image]
[/size]
[image]
[size=133]/|\
[image]
[/size]
[image]
[size=133]/|\
[image]
[/size]

DENVER: My first show with fellow Flighties! [image] This has been mentioned by others, but it's the first show I've been to where I was excited about seeing all of the performers (besides other FOTC shows, of course). The venue was INCREDIBLE and it was one of the best nights I've ever had. [image]

Favorites:
* Giggling with Laura over Nigel! [image] [image] This includes: seeing Nigel walking around before the show, holding "We ♥ Nigel/NZSO" signs up w/ Laura, seeing him taking a picture of us with said signs, looking over our shoulders every now and then during Iron & Wine's set to see Nigel watching just a few rows back. [image] Then of course meeting him after the show! [image]
* Flipping the bird for [image] [image]
* Just experiencing this show as a whole with everyone in that setting was amazing. Of all my FOTC show memories, this is where I want to go back to most. [image]

SLC: Front row seats! [image] Seriously....

Favorites:
* Nikki's flowers! [image] It couldn't have been more perfect, especially the fact that Bret set it up so well for her to give them the second one.
* They saw Laura and me holding up Nigel's signs! Of course, Jemaine called us [image] , but still. [image]
* This starting around 1:55. [image] [image] [image]
* Jemaine flicked his pick at us as they were leaving the stage! I so wish there was a photo (and that we caught it [image] ), but he kneeled on one knee, aimed (with squinty eyes and The Eyebrow), and flicked it at us with his thumb. [image]
* The quilts!!! I can't tell you how happy I was that we were able to give these to at least Jemaine in person. [image] I'm so grateful that he came out!
* Hearing Jem's laugh in person.... [image] [image] [image] And also that he recognized me! [image]
* Talking to Nigel for a longer time, and getting pictures with him and Laura. [image] [image] [image] He wore the best shirt for this show, by the way!

That was all chronological because I couldn't pick favorites out of my favorites! [image]

Other than the shows I personally went to, it was so much fun living vicariously through everyone else's experiences via tweets, texts, and/or recaps. [image] It was the next best thing to being at all the shows! Can't forget seeing all the photos and videos, too.

MEETING FLIGHTIES = the best part EVER. [image] [image]
I hope to meet more of you in the future! Which leads to...

It was such a great tour. [image] I really hope there are more to come! [image]
gezyka
You don't have to be a prostitute

by sheila » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:17 am

gezyka wrote:Finally doing this...

AUSTIN: My first Conchords show, ever. [image] I went with my roommates (my best friend and her husband) who were actually the first people to really get me into FOTC.

[image]
[size=133]/|\
[image]
[/size]
[image]
[size=133]/|\
[image]
[/size]
[image]
[size=133]/|\
[image]
[/size]

DENVER: My first show with fellow Flighties! [image] This has been mentioned by others, but it's the first show I've been to where I was excited about seeing all of the performers (besides other FOTC shows, of course). The venue was INCREDIBLE and it was one of the best nights I've ever had. [image]

Favorites:
* Giggling with Laura over Nigel! [image] [image] This includes: seeing Nigel walking around before the show, holding "We ♥ Nigel/NZSO" signs up w/ Laura, seeing him taking a picture of us with said signs, looking over our shoulders every now and then during Iron & Wine's set to see Nigel watching just a few rows back. [image] Then of course meeting him after the show! [image]
* Just experiencing this show as a whole with everyone in that setting was amazing. Of all my FOTC show memories, this is where I want to go back to most. [image]

Favorites:
* Nikki's flowers! [image] It couldn't have been more perfect, especially the fact that Bret set it up so well for her to give them the second one.
* They saw Laura and me holding up Nigel's signs! Of course, Jemaine called us [image] , but still. [image]
* Jemaine flicked his pick at us as they were leaving the stage! I so wish there was a photo (and that we caught it [image] ), but he kneeled on one knee, aimed (with squinty eyes and The Eyebrow), and flicked it at us with his thumb. [image]
* The quilts!!! I can't tell you how happy I was that we were able to give these to at least Jemaine in person. [image] I'm so grateful that he came out!
* Hearing Jem's laugh in person.... [image] [image] [image] And also that he recognized me! [image]
* Talking to Nigel for a longer time, and getting pictures with him and Laura. [image] [image] [image] He wore the best shirt for this show, by the way!

That was all chronological because I couldn't pick favorites out of my favorites! [image]

Other than the shows I personally went to, it was so much fun living vicariously through everyone else's experiences via tweets, texts, and/or recaps. [image] It was the next best thing to being at all the shows! Can't forget seeing all the photos and videos, too.

awwwwwwwwwwww jessica!!! i love it!!!!

[image]
sheila
Way less focused than squirrels

by shianne517 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:56 am

gezyka wrote:
[image]
[size=133]/|\
[image]
[/size]
[image]
[size=133]/|\
[image]
[/size]
[image]
[size=133]/|\
[image]
[/size]

I remember the night that you first posted this and I couldn't stop laughing. Seeing it again just made me giggle.

gezyka wrote:DENVER: My first show with fellow Flighties! [image] This has been mentioned by others, but it's the first show I've been to where I was excited about seeing all of the performers (besides other FOTC shows, of course). The venue was INCREDIBLE and it was one of the best nights I've ever had. [image]

Favorites:

I remember when Nigel came out before the show and you two had the sign ready for him. The look on his face and the way he showed his gratitude was sooo adorable.

I liked it when we were all taking pictures of you, Laura and Caitlin with Nigel after the show and looked like the paps were attacking you.

Flipping the bird was awesome!

Hanging with underwear guy was also fun times.

gezyka wrote:MEETING FLIGHTIES = the best part EVER. [image] [image]

Ditto that!

[image]
shianne517
Jem Ho

by gezyka » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:51 am

shianne517 wrote:
gezyka wrote:
[image]
[size=133]/|\
[image]
[/size]
[image]
[size=133]/|\
[image]
[/size]
[image]
[size=133]/|\
[image]
[/size]

I remember the night that you first posted this and I couldn't stop laughing. Seeing it again just made me giggle.

This is actually a first! Well, having them in a table, that is. [image]

I remember when Nigel came out before the show and you two had the sign ready for him. The look on his face and the way he showed his gratitude was sooo adorable.

I liked it when we were all taking pictures of you, Laura and Caitlin with Nigel after the show and looked like the paps were attacking you.

Flipping the bird was awesome!

Hanging with underwear guy was also fun times.

Nigel!! [image]
[broken record] I really hope that someday we get to see the picture he took of us![/broken record]

I still need to post my pictures from the shows. :P

And yes, underwear guy! [image] [image]
gezyka

by Amily » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:55 pm

*sigh*

I will do this.... one of these days.

It would already be done if I had a computer! [image]

NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by rohana » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:12 pm

I appreciate the tour, but I even appreciate more this forum and everyone who was so kind to post so much their stories and photos and videos (SUGALUMPS!..and more) of the tour for people like me who isn't in USA and cannot go to the concerts. Almost like being there myself!

It's very lovely, and I don't know how to thank you all, except to say, thank you! You are all incredible.
rohana
I'm making a lasagne... for one

by talkkiwitome » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:36 pm

sheila wrote:
gezyka wrote:Finally doing this...

[image]
[size=133]/|\
[image]
[/size]
[image]
[size=133]/|\
[image]
[/size]
[image]
[size=133]/|\
[image]
[/size]

Favorites:

Favorites:

awwwwwwwwwwww jessica!!! i love it!!!!

[image]

Thanks for sharing that Demon Woman clip! I wish I had seen that at one of the shows I went to, but that rendition was amazing! (And not just because of the hot outfits)
talkkiwitome
Turning white clouds grey

by sheila » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:28 am

*bump*

[image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image]

[image] [image] [image]
sheila
Way less focused than squirrels

by hellomyfriend » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:59 am

[image]

A few late as 'uck personal memories
from Sixy Kiwi Scruff Tour 2009

- Feeling like a teensy piece of the enormous puzzle of humanity at Red Rocks.

[image]
(zero magnification)

[image]
(lotsa magnification)

- Bret McKenzie's derring-do.

[image]

- Flighty togetherness.

[image]

- Robot heads.

[image]

- Gorgeous tour posters.

[image]

- Sexy flowers.

[image]

- Stana. Stana. Stana.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43SsQrYRK2w

- Cute guys singing about their ballsacks.

[image]

- Jessica and Katie's hard work on Bret and Jemaine's quilts. Roxy's ingenious idea. Everyone doing something fun and creative as a team.

[image]

[image] [image]

- Jemaine being sweet enough to meet us in SLC.

[image]

- The Phoenix [image] stripshow. [image]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyL1qO-i1pY

- Bret and Jemaine working my inappropriate sign into their banter.

[image]

- Catching Bret's guitar pick!!!!!!!

[image]

- Seeing Flighty gifts onstage!

[image]

- Beautiful, beloved, brilliant Bret-y.

[image]

[image]

hellomyfriend
Probing Planet Bret

by gezyka » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:02 am

[image] Nikki [image]

That was beautiful. [image] [image] [image]

[image] [image] [image]
gezyka

by Amily » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:05 am

NIKKI!!!!!!!!! [image]

[image]

You've totally inspired me to finally get my favourite moments up here. Gonna get to work. [image]
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to 2009 North American Tour