Welcome Anonymous !

Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

The Tour Appreciation Thread!

2009 North American tour and all other 2009 gigs here.

by Amily » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:57 am

Let's talk about our favourite moments, videos, photos, etc. and together just remember the amazing time we had the last two months.

[image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image]

[image]
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by sargifster » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:12 pm

Fantastic idea, Ami. I love it. [image] [image]

To start with one of my favourite show memories...

Bus Driver's Song in Denver.

I had hoped so much to hear this at one of my two shows - and to get it at Red Rocks was just out of this world.

I cried and I cried during the whole song. The guys were just blurry shapes. Tears of happiness and tears of remembrance - because it is such a special song to me personally.

There were a few people at the Denver / SLC shows who received bone-crunching hugs because of being there at the right moment when it was mentioned. Both at the shows and afterwards. Sorry about that. ;D Hope you enjoyed the hugs anyway. [image]

To then get it again at Salt Lake City - I couldn't have asked for more. The sound was fantastic at SLC and the harmonies between Bret, Jemaine and Nigel sent shivers down my spine.

[image] [image] [image] [image] [image]

Will be back with more...

ADD: Sorry - I'm doing words rather than videos or photos for this one... I like words. ;D
sargifster
Administrator

by Amily » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:15 pm

Words are totally fine. This thread is to talk about the tour and what we loved the most, pictures and videos are not necessary. ;D
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by sheila » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:19 pm

oh my goodness!!!! i have so many fave moments... i'm gonna have to compile a list and get back to you!!!

but i def know what my FAVE FAVE FAVE was ;)

this is a great idea for a thread!!!

AMI [image]

Amily wrote:Words are totally fine.

i'm gonna use lyrics ;D
sheila
Way less focused than squirrels

by dontlookback » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:46 pm

[image]

*attempt to compile list in a creative fashion*
dontlookback
My shadow played a bass clarinet

by onlyalways » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:15 pm

[image]

Aw, this thread makes me a little sad, but the good kind of sad, you know? [image]

Although I ~only~ went to one show, I already have so many great moments and memories from it. Definitely the best concert experience so far.

It was just really cool how full circle it all was: Last year on my way to my birthday party from my family, (Middle-ish May?) "Jenny" came on my mom's satellite radio station and she was about to turn the channel and I yelled "STOP!! I've heard of these guys and I want to listen!" And I of course about pee'd my pants. Then this led to me getting the first season about 2 days later etc. etc.

Then THIS year for my birthday (Just about a week off of when I first heard Jenny the year prior) I got to go see them live where I got to here the song LIVE and eventually got to meet them.

[image] Forever.

I'll probably post more little tid bits later that weren't already in the Vegas thread.

I just hope this wasn't their last tour. [image] :'(

We must be good at guitar... we're not that good.

tumblr | twitter
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

by blondesnotbombs » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:35 pm

HONORABLE MENTION - Carol Brown in Nashville.
We really did sound great as the choir, and you could tell that Bret & Jemaine were genuinely delighted.

10. Pencils in the Wind in Atlanta.
I love this song live, and the Atlanta performance was wonderful. Bonus: Jemaine jumping down right in front of us, shaking hands/high fiving everybody in the first few rows, and then telling all of us that he didn't know how to get back up there.

09. Demon Woman in Atlanta.
Both during the show and hearing them play it during the soundcheck (*hugs Katie*). If that video would've gone on just a few more seconds, you would've seen Bret share the most adorable laugh with Nigel. That little laugh was my favorite part of the Atlana show BY FAR.

[image]
08. The Nashville gig poster.
Every time I look at it I feel warm and fuzzy all over. The Nashville gig was really special to me for loads of reasons, and I am so thrilled that I have an equally special poster to go along with it. I will treasure it forever.

07. Bret's dancing at the end of Too Many Dicks in Nashville.
[image]

06. Bus Driver's Song.
Both nights. It's my favorite Conchords song and Nigel really adds something wonderful to it.

05. The Ballad of Stana in Nashville.
It was the first time I heard the song, and it didn't disappoint. Seeing them play it at the Ryman, the stage that the legends of country music have all played, was perfect.

04. Being smushed up against a bus with my favorite Conchord.
Surreal. Yeah, I think that's the right word.

03. Seeing Kristen's reaction to Irene's Penelope doll.
I wish I had the words to describe how excited she was. It was awesome, and I feel so lucky to have been there to see it.

02. Meeting Nigel.
He's been one of my heroes for a couple of years now and talking to him was even cooler than I imagined it would be. I'm still not convinced that I didn't dream it.

[size=150]01. BRET.

The entire weekend was just one reminder after another of why he's my favorite person in the world.
[/size]
blondesnotbombs
Your leaves are making me horny

by Amily » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:39 pm

I [image] Sam's lists.

I'm working on my favourite moments...
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by step0nmi » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:26 pm

WORKING ON LIST! [image] [image] [image]
step0nmi

by dontlookback » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:47 pm

Amily wrote:I [image] Sam's lists.

Ditto [image]
dontlookback
My shadow played a bass clarinet

by laura » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:51 pm

sheila wrote:oh my goodness!!!! i have so many fave moments... i'm gonna have to compile a list and get back to you!!!

AMI [image]

Amily wrote:Words are totally fine.

i'm gonna use lyrics ;D

My favourite moment was seeing where Sheila was going to end up next :D

I'm still convinced she went to more shows than the guys did [image]

PLUS: meeting everyone in Denver/SLC [image]
laura
Dr. Flighty

by sheila » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:23 pm

laura wrote:
sheila wrote:oh my goodness!!!! i have so many fave moments... i'm gonna have to compile a list and get back to you!!!

AMI [image]

i'm gonna use lyrics ;D

My favourite moment was seeing where Sheila was going to end up next :D

I'm still convinced she went to more shows than the guys did [image]

PLUS: meeting everyone in Denver/SLC [image]

[image] [image]
[image]
[image]
sheila

by nikki78 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:11 pm

blondesnotbombs wrote:
01. BRET.
The entire weekend was just one reminder after another of why he's my favorite person in the world.
[/size][/font]
[image] [image] My favorite part too. [image] [image]

laura wrote:My favourite moment was seeing where Sheila was going to end up next :D
[image] [image]
Sheila -- [image] [image] [image]

Other favorite moments:
-You don't have to be a Prostitute in DC and Philly. Bret's voice. sigh. [image]
-Epileptic Dogs and Mermaids in Philly. A total surprise that I would have never expected in a million years.
-Was Bret mentioned yet? :P It totally made my year to finally see him perform live.
nikki78
Smokin' with an eye that's broken

by chloe » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:50 pm

*points to Haley's sig* [image] [image] [image]

Other than that, I really can't think of any one single moment that I enjoyed more than any other. The whole show that I saw was wonderful, the audience was pretty well-behaved (except for that douchebag who said Jemaine's drums sucked. >:() and best of all, I got to share it with my friends and we all got to laugh and sing along together. [image]
In a way, I wish the shows and tours would never end so I could feel like I did forever. [image]
chloe
The Unf! Fairy

by sheila » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:58 pm

nikki78 wrote:
blondesnotbombs wrote:
01. BRET.
[/size][/font]
[image] [image] My favorite part too. [image] [image]

laura wrote:My favourite moment was seeing where Sheila was going to end up next :D
[image] [image]
Sheila -- [image] [image] [image]

Other favorite moments:
-You don't have to be a Prostitute in DC and Philly. Bret's voice. sigh. [image]
-Epileptic Dogs and Mermaids in Philly. A total surprise that I would have never expected in a million years.
-Was Bret mentioned yet? :P It totally made my year to finally see him perform live.

My faves in no particular order are:

-The second Philly show!!! It was just amazing! Mermaids, Rock the Party, the 1st time they did Epileptic dogs this tour! Prostitute was amazing and I thought it was going to be a staple of the tour...:( The entire vibe was amazing! I met Kelly and Jen and they were both sweethearts!!! Met the guys and Kristen and it was magical! Bret was fascinated by "the book" and Jemaine defaced improved it!!! [image] [image] [image] [image]

-The DC show only because it popped my live FOTC cherry! I got to share that with Sara, Shianne and Lauren [image]

-Boston show was awesome! I think that Meggy and Eugene were the most memorable things about that night! Oh yea... and a chance meeting with Jemaine before the show!!!!!!!!!!!! [image] [image]

-Milwaukee was awesome with Steph, John, Fallon, Trish and Fallons friends... even though I don't remember most of it! [image] :-/ Though I do remember the SEX pants making their 1st appearance! Oh yea, and my whole "conversation" with Jemaine about Sexy Flower and loving Nigel! Eugene vaguely remembering me was fun too!!! [image] WELCOME CRAZYPANTS!

-DENVER AND SLC!!!! Even though I wasn't there, I do have good memories of these shows! When Steph called me during the Flower presentation!!!! AWESOME! THE QUILTSSSSSS!!!!!!!! The fact that everyone got to meet Jemaine made me so so so so happy! [image] Staying up until 4am on the night of the SLC show (when I had to work at 8am!) just to see how everything went with the quilts(and to give updates to Irene and Sara (luckyM) in the SB ;D).

-Vegas!!! Helping Arj after the show... he is SOOOO NICE!!!! HAVING KICK ASS SEATS!!! Getting to share the evening with Sara, Lauren, Courtney and my cousin! Meeting Jem again and getting that damn hug! Telling him that we would be front row the following night! HAHA [image] FREEBIRD! I hate the song but they do amazing things with it! Seeing that chick from The Office about to pass out in the cab line at the Hard Rock!

-LA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Everything about this night was amazing and PERFECT!! AMAZING FLIGHTY MEETUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Some of the coolest people I have ever met and I am so lucky to call them my friends!!!!!!!!!!! [image] [image] ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sara throwing the shirt at Bret [image]
Jemaine looking at us when he said High Class Prostitute!
The Spanish language Bret and Jemaine!
Celeb sightings GALORE!!!

MY TRANSITION TO BI-CONCHORDIANISM!!!!!! (leaning slightly Bretero)

And of course... THE PIANO!

Hopefully next tour I will get a chance to meet more of you awesome people who I really an lucky to know! [image] I plan on doing it up just as big if I can afford it!

Sooooooo I def think the most memorable thing about the tour... other than Bret and Jemaine of course... is the FAB people I got to share it with, in person and on the board!!!!!!!!!!!!
[image] [image] [image]

sheila

Next

Return to 2009 North American Tour