Welcome Anonymous !

Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

'09 Gig Posters

2009 North American tour and all other 2009 gigs here.

by blondesnotbombs » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:30 am

gezyka wrote:Though I'm keeping the uncrushed tube! (I have other uncrushed ones, but they aren't fun like hers )

I wonder if she'd just sell me the tube? I want one!
blondesnotbombs
Your leaves are making me horny

by gezyka » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:51 pm

Rock the FIA
The art of rock and roll comes to the Flint Institute of Arts

Tara Moreno
Issue date: 10/12/09 Section: M2 (Arts & Entertainment)

The Flint Institute of Arts has two exhibits showing from Sept. 26 to Nov. 8.

“Flashback: Posters from the Golden Age of Rock & Roll” is a collection from Wolfgang’s Vault, a private, musicfocused company established in 2002 dedicated to the restoration and archiving of live-concert recordings and music memorabilia. It’s designed so that music fans can access the complete, livemusic experience of the past fifty years and all of it is original silk-screened.

“[The gig poster’s are] primarily from the mid-to-late 60s and as late as 1973”, said Mike Martin, Coordinator of Collections and Exhibitions. “Led Zeppelin,” “The Doors,” “Jefferson Airplane,” “Santana” and “The Grateful Dead” are just some of the posters on display.

“The genre of using the rock poster as a work of art has been revived.” The gig posters eventually died out but made their way back into the 21st century with contemporary art.

The other exhibit, “Graphic Beauty: Contemporary Rock & Roll Posters” has been created by contemporary artists that are reviving the bold art of the “gig poster.” Martin said.

“[Contemporary posters] are all from to 2008 and 2009. I believe there is a poster from a concert that is happening this week.” Martin said, “The contemporary ones are really interesting to see in relation to the vintage ones.”

[size=133]Flight of the Conchords happens to be one of many contemporary posters on display now.

Marilyn Chapman, a graphic designer, said, “The exhibition had a great survey of 60s psychedelic poster art and contemporary indie posters. It was nice to see a comparison between the two eras. A lot of what is happening now in typography is greatly influenced by the psychedelic type that was prominent amongst rock posters in the 60s.”

With over 300 posters from San Francisco’s Fillmore and Avalon ballroom to Michigan’s own Detroit Grande this exhibition is proving to be an eye-catching exhibit.

The exhibit hours are Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 12 -5 p.m., Thursday, 12 –9 p.m. Saturday, 10 a.m.–5 p.m. and Sundays from 1-5 p.m. Admission is free for FIA members and only $5 for students with I.D.[/size]

Source: http://media.www.themichigantimes.com/me....-380163 3.shtml

I wonder if they're displaying the Detroit poster?
gezyka
You don't have to be a prostitute

by gezyka » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:43 pm

DKNGstudios: Check it. Suzanne Vega in her house playing a guitar with OUR Flight of the Conchords poster RIGHT behind her!... http://bit.ly/d3qvRD

That's awesome!

ADD: here's the clip.
gezyka

by blondesnotbombs » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:21 am

That's the one from the HBO store, which means she owns $30 worth of other FotC merch as well. [image]
blondesnotbombs
Your leaves are making me horny

by gezyka » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:47 am

blondesnotbombs wrote:That's the one from the HBO store, which means she owns $30 worth of other FotC merch as well. [image]

[image] Awesome!
gezyka

by dontlookback » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:51 am

emira wrote:
dontlookback wrote:
I have the Phoenix one [image] [image]

Would it be a problem if you could post a photo of it? I'm not sure if I should buy it. I like it, but... I don't know. What do you think about this poster? I've read in some other thread that you like it.

I really like it [image] [image] There's a ton of wonderful Conchords related details about it, the artist really did their research [image]
I'll take some pictures later today & post them [image]
dontlookback
My shadow played a bass clarinet

Previous

Return to 2009 North American Tour