Welcome Anonymous !

Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

'09 Gig Posters

2009 North American tour and all other 2009 gigs here.

by eddiemczee » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:07 pm

[image]

Looks sharp, right?
eddiemczee
I'm making a lasagne... for one

by sheila » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:30 pm

eddiemczee wrote:[image]

Looks sharp, right?

that looks awesome!!! [image] i'm itching to get mine framed now!!!
sheila
Way less focused than squirrels

by gezyka » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:03 pm

gezyka wrote:
Hi there Jessica,
Just a quick note to let you know that your Flight of the Conchords Vegas poster should be arriving any day now (if it hasn't been delivered already) - thank you again for purchasing this print from me.

Because I chose to send this in a thicker poster tube for safer journeying, I was not able to have the package individually tracked, so please do let me know if it hasn't reached you by the end of the week and I'll follow this up with New Zealand Post directly...

With my very best.

Nic

NIC MARSHALL
DESIGNER
NIC INC.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!! [image] She's so sweet! I'm sure I'm not the only one who got this, but still. :D

I'm still out of town and my roommate told me yesterday that I got a poster from NZ and that the tube was crushed on one side and therefore open. [image] She said it was creased and had a scuff mark ([image] ) but that it doesn't look bad. I should tell Nic that it arrived, but would feel bad saying that it didn't arrive safely. :-\ Will see it in a week!
gezyka
You don't have to be a prostitute

by onlyalways » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:48 pm

That poster is flat-out sexy. [image] [image] [image]

gezyka wrote:
I'm still out of town and my roommate told me yesterday that I got a poster from NZ and that the tube was crushed on one side and therefore open. [image] She said it was creased and had a scuff mark ([image] ) but that it doesn't look bad. I should tell Nic that it arrived, but would feel bad saying that it didn't arrive safely. :-\ Will see it in a week!

:(

[image]

It might still look ok. Just wait and see til you get home. [image]

We must be good at guitar... we're not that good.

tumblr | twitter
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

by sargifster » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:33 am

If anyone wants this poster:

[image]

by Patent Pending for the three nights in Seattle, then it is available here for $35.

http://postercabaret.com/flightoftheconchordsposterbypatentpending.aspx

Hope it has not been mentioned before. I checked the first post, but I can't remember if it was mentioned in the other 31 pages. ;D

EDIT:

Jessica, how bad was the damage to your Nic Marshall poster? [image]
sargifster
Administrator

by Katie » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:41 am

sargifster wrote:If anyone wants this poster:

[image]

by Patent Pending for the three nights in Seattle, then it is available here for $35.

http://postercabaret.com/flightoftheconchordsposterbypatentpending.aspx

Hope it has not been mentioned before. I checked the first post, but I can't remember if it was mentioned in the other 31 pages. ;D

I have this one, and it's beautiful. The ink is metallic. [image]
Katie
Totally Fine

by gezyka » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:28 am

sargifster wrote:EDIT:

Jessica, how bad was the damage to your Nic Marshall poster? [image]

Well, I guess it could be worse? :-\

[image]

This is not my frame...my roommates just put it in that one to help flatten it out until I got back.
[image]

[image]

[image]

The little black spots are not on the poster. However, the scuff marks are.
[image]

It's mostly the edges that are messed up, so if I get it matted, it should be ok.

Thanks for asking! [image] I'm happy to have it, finally.

*shakes fist at USPS or whoever smashed it* >:(
gezyka

by onlyalways » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:52 am

I'm sorry if got a bit bent. But it still looks good from the pics!

gezyka wrote:
*shakes fist at USPS or whoever smashed it* >:(

B-tch over over at UPS was jeallllllous. [image]

tumblr | twitter
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

by gezyka » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:36 am

Ummmmm....Nic sent me a new poster! [image]

I replied to her email (the one that let me know it was on its way) and just let her know what happened...but I wasn't complaining at all! In fact, I said that it looked fine in the frame and was glad she used the thicker tube.

She never replied, so I didn't even know she was going to send a new one! That was way too nice of her. [image] [image] I feel bad! Shouldn't have said anything!
gezyka

by onlyalways » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:43 am

gezyka wrote:Ummmmm....Nic sent me a new poster! [image]

I replied to her email (the one that let me know it was on its way) and just let her know what happened...but I wasn't complaining at all! In fact, I said that it looked fine in the frame and was glad she used the thicker tube.

She never replied, so I didn't even know she was going to send a new one! That was way too nice of her. [image] [image] I feel bad! Shouldn't have said anything!

Omg! :o

What a sweetheart, but that is crazy that she up and sent you another poster with no warning!

Don't feel bad! You literally had no control over that...

tumblr | twitter
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

by gezyka » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:49 am

onlyalways wrote:Omg! :o

What a sweetheart, but that is crazy that she up and sent you another poster with no warning!

Maybe Sara doesn't have one...or if she does, maybe she could take it for one of the other LA Flighties. [image]

Though I'm keeping the uncrushed tube! (I have other uncrushed ones, but they aren't fun like hers ;D)
gezyka

by onlyalways » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:52 am

gezyka wrote:
onlyalways wrote:Omg! :o

Maybe Sara doesn't have one...or if she does, maybe she could take it for one of the other LA Flighties. [image]

Though I'm keeping the uncrushed tube! (I have other uncrushed ones, but they aren't fun like hers ;D)

Good idea! That's so sweet of you. [image]

And I may need to "borrow" one of your uncrushed tubes if I get a FF poster... I think I threw all mine away. :-/

tumblr | twitter
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

by gezyka » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:58 am

onlyalways wrote:Good idea! That's so sweet of you. [image]

And I may need to "borrow" one of your uncrushed tubes if I get a FF poster... I think I threw all mine away. :-/

What else am I going to do with two posters? [image] :D

Oh yeah! No problem. I forgot about that possibility (*restrains self ahead of time*). Maybe I'll just go ahead and bring one up tomorrow, if I can remember. :D
gezyka

by blondesnotbombs » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:30 am

gezyka wrote:Though I'm keeping the uncrushed tube! (I have other uncrushed ones, but they aren't fun like hers ;D)

I wonder if she'd just sell me the tube? [image] I want one!
blondesnotbombs
Your leaves are making me horny

by gezyka » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:51 pm

Rock the FIA
The art of rock and roll comes to the Flint Institute of Arts

Tara Moreno
Issue date: 10/12/09 Section: M2 (Arts & Entertainment)

The Flint Institute of Arts has two exhibits showing from Sept. 26 to Nov. 8.

“Flashback: Posters from the Golden Age of Rock & Roll” is a collection from Wolfgang’s Vault, a private, musicfocused company established in 2002 dedicated to the restoration and archiving of live-concert recordings and music memorabilia. It’s designed so that music fans can access the complete, livemusic experience of the past fifty years and all of it is original silk-screened.

“[The gig poster’s are] primarily from the mid-to-late 60s and as late as 1973”, said Mike Martin, Coordinator of Collections and Exhibitions. “Led Zeppelin,” “The Doors,” “Jefferson Airplane,” “Santana” and “The Grateful Dead” are just some of the posters on display.

“The genre of using the rock poster as a work of art has been revived.” The gig posters eventually died out but made their way back into the 21st century with contemporary art.

The other exhibit, “Graphic Beauty: Contemporary Rock & Roll Posters” has been created by contemporary artists that are reviving the bold art of the “gig poster.” Martin said.

“[Contemporary posters] are all from to 2008 and 2009. I believe there is a poster from a concert that is happening this week.” Martin said, “The contemporary ones are really interesting to see in relation to the vintage ones.”

[size=133]Flight of the Conchords happens to be one of many contemporary posters on display now.

Marilyn Chapman, a graphic designer, said, “The exhibition had a great survey of 60s psychedelic poster art and contemporary indie posters. It was nice to see a comparison between the two eras. A lot of what is happening now in typography is greatly influenced by the psychedelic type that was prominent amongst rock posters in the 60s.”

With over 300 posters from San Francisco’s Fillmore and Avalon ballroom to Michigan’s own Detroit Grande this exhibition is proving to be an eye-catching exhibit.

The exhibit hours are Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 12 -5 p.m., Thursday, 12 –9 p.m. Saturday, 10 a.m.–5 p.m. and Sundays from 1-5 p.m. Admission is free for FIA members and only $5 for students with I.D.[/size]

Source: http://media.www.themichigantimes.com/me....-380163 3.shtml

[image] I wonder if they're displaying the Detroit poster?
gezyka

PreviousNext

Return to 2009 North American Tour