Welcome Anonymous !

Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

April 24 - Detroit, MI {LATE SHOW}

2009 North American tour and all other 2009 gigs here.

by chloe » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:00 pm

shianne517 wrote:[image]

Ummm... yeah.

Ummm. . . YEAH. [image]

[image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image]
chloe
The Unf! Fairy

by dontlookback » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:26 pm

chloe wrote:

Ummm... yeah.

Ummm. . . YEAH. [image]

[image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image]

HOLY. [image]
dontlookback
My shadow played a bass clarinet

by Venus » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:39 pm

Amily wrote:
prophetsex: Flight of the Conchords setlist/writeup/pics Detroit 4/24!!: Greetings folks. I come to you from a fairly warm s.. http://tinyurl.com/dd4rms

http://twitter.com/prophetsex

All I can say about a few of the pics in that blog is: [image]

ADD: Also, Jemaine if you were ever to read this, could you pleeeeease do that in SLC? I promise I will not grab, grope or fondle. (Unless asked of course)

Sincerely,
Ami [image]

[image] I just checked out the pics! Amazing! I won't know what to do with myself if I was in the front row and Jemaine and Bret's crotch were right in my face. [image] Love the one when he's pointing at the camera [image]

Thanks again to tornadogirl and kelly for sharing your accounts and pictures. All of you look so adorable and happy. [image] [image] [image]

Sugalumps [image]

Who likes to rock the party?
#heart# Image #heart#
Venus
The day time of the night

by shianne517 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:40 pm

chloe wrote:

Ummm... yeah.

Ummm. . . YEAH. [image]

Touché
shianne517
Jem Ho

by Amily » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:46 pm

Venus wrote:Sugalumps [image]

OH. MY. GOD. [image] [image] [image]

[image] [image] [image] [image] [image]

Also, Jemaine if you were ever to read this, could you pleeeeease do that in SLC and/or Denver? I promise I will not grab, grope or fondle. (Unless asked of course)

Sincerely,
Ami [image] [image]
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by kellysouthpaw » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:52 pm

It's trippy watching something that happened last night on youtube already :) I love it though, I was laughing so hard, let's see if I can pick out my "OW OWWWWW" squeal in there...not on first listen.

BUT at 1:45 if you listen for Jemaine you can hear the part where he whispers, "HOW DARE YOU?! HOW DARE YOU MA'AM!?" then 2:12 is where he puts his rump in that girls face and starts pointing behind him at her and then at the security guard sitting right there. I'm basically sitting RIGHT there where that's going on.
kellysouthpaw
I like to rock the party!

by hellomyfriend » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:27 pm

Amily wrote:
prophetsex: Flight of the Conchords setlist/writeup/pics Detroit 4/24!!: Greetings folks. I come to you from a fairly warm s.. http://tinyurl.com/dd4rms

http://twitter.com/prophetsex

All I can say about a few of the pics in that blog is: [image]

ADD: Also, Jemaine if you were ever to read this, could you pleeeeease do that in SLC? I promise I will not grab, grope or fondle. (Unless asked of course)

Sincerely,
Ami [image]

That poster is AMAZING. My favorite one from the tour so far. [image]

ADD:

[image]
hellomyfriend
Probing Planet Bret

by kellysouthpaw » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:31 pm

It's a big one too. 19x25!
kellysouthpaw
I like to rock the party!

by hellomyfriend » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:33 pm

tornadogirl wrote:
Here comes Jemaine!
[image]

*sigh*
[image]

Serendipity:
[image]

So adorable. [image] [image] [image]
hellomyfriend
Probing Planet Bret

by aew21 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:36 pm

How sweet of Jemaine to bolster Detroit's novelty t-shirt industry! ;) And his hair looks fan-tab!
Great images and accounts, everyone! Thanks for sharing! And it doesn't surprise me if the boys both lost a lil' weight--the rigors of touring and all...
aew21
There's nothin' wrong

by ohjeez » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:16 pm

thanks for the photos and recaps!!! ;D amazing!
ohjeez

by badatom » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:42 pm

And now for Part 2... :)

As Kelly and I waited to get in to the second show, one of the head ushers was teaching the new kids about all the different kinds of tickets and where to direct people. I showed them my ticket and explained that "this is the kind of ticket that lets us sit on the stage." (Well, it was worth a try...)

I was also going to get a bottle of water, but not for $3.50! You can get cheaper concessions at a movie theater, and that's saying something. I'd rather suffer from dehydration.

This time, we were seated much closer to center stage, and since we were surrounded on all sides, it was pretty much a camera free-for-all. It was funny watching Kelly take seven pictures of Jemaine, then one of Bret. I took about 40 pictures, some of them decent!

[image]

[image]

Eugene's set was mostly the same as the 8PM show, just mixed up a bit. We didn't get any postcards when he passed them out the second time :(

[image]

[image]

Eugene also showed a video this time around, which I sadly couldn't pay much attention to because it was on the way-high-up big screens and I didn't want to strain my neck. I'm still getting over sleeping on it wrong last week. (I know, I'm sure there's someone out there going, "Boo-hoo, you were so close to the stage that you couldn't see the big screens, I feel soooooo sorry for you." Well, you should.)

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

I'd say the second show was a bit looser than the first, and overall, the heckling wasn't as bad as the 8PM show. Really, it wasn't bad at either show - I'm still thinking back to last year at Columbus where it got to the point where they were "shushing" the audience. This was *nowhere* near as bad, and the guys have gotten even better at deflecting it or working it into the show.

[image]

Speaking of people yelling out stupid things, I finally had my moment of glory when Bret asked if they should follow the set list or do a request, so while everyone else yelled out songs, I yelled "Play whatever you want!" (I also did it at Kent State, but I was too far away. :() This time, Jemaine was close enough to hear me, and he responded, "Play whatever we want? I've never heard anyone say that at a show before." I yelled back, "It's your show!" Then he kept looking at me during the next song, which I honestly don't remember what it was because I was all [image]

[image]

I don't remember if this was the first show or second, but someone asked Bret, "How much was the cup?" Bret answered, "$2.79." Jemaine asked, "Are you trying to quiz us? About our own show?" I still think someone needs to get them to sign a cup with a $2.79 price tag on it. I didn't get to do it...

Oh, and we learned that the population of Detroit is either 900,000 or 3. The 3 includes Bret and Jemaine.

[image]

And it actually took me a few moments to realize that they were playing a bit of Men at Work after that guy yelled "Australia". (What can I say? I'm slow.)

The guys came over to our side of the stage this time to do "Sugalumps" and I believe all the ladies here have mentioned how they were affected. I'll just say that it was cool for them to be so close because I got some good pictures. :)

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

They ended with "Demon Woman", which would have been great had Jemaine's mic been working. A bunch of people yelled to him that they couldn't hear him. It still took a while before it got fixed, though.

So, both shows were really great. The guys were on their game and it was a perfect venue. Much better than a gym. I still shake my fist and curse the fact that I've now seen them four times and still no "Ladies of the World". It's all I wanted. But it's okay, because what happened next DEFINITELY made up for it...

Next up, Part 3: the Meet & Greet!
badatom
I'm not crying

by tornadogirl » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:45 pm

Amily- just you wait. They seem to be getting dirtier with every Sugalumps, lol! I bet you'll get the very same treatment, maybe even better....

Although last night Jemaine didn't put his mike down there.....Lol! Now that was funny!

*sigh* he was right. in. front. of. me. during. this. Why couldn't the pic have come out??
[image]

Ah well.....you're right, I love our pictures loads, but SheWolf is the one who inspired me to ask for a huggy pic.

And the one of Jemaine mock-angrily pointing at the camera of the man who wrote the blog? Amazing! I would have fallen off my chair if he did that to me.......
he was pointing at me at the end of SugaLumps and I was nodding back but then Bret came over and I was distracted and conflicted since my husband was right next to me... Lol.

It was a great night, to be sure.

tornadogirl
Considering second-hand underpants

by Amily » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:11 pm

tornadogirl wrote:Amily- just you wait. They seem to be getting dirtier with every Sugalumps, lol! I bet you'll get the very same treatment, maybe even better....

Although last night Jemaine didn't put his mike down there.....Lol! Now that was funny!

<--- front row center in SLC and possibly, hopefully Denver ( [image] )

[image] [image] [image]
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by ladytronzapatista » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:50 am

dontlookback wrote:
chloe wrote:

Ummm. . . YEAH. [image]

HOLY. [image]

Wow. Just. Wow.

[image] x's infinity.
ladytronzapatista

PreviousNext

Return to 2009 North American Tour