Welcome Anonymous !

Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

April 29 - Chicago, IL

2009 North American tour and all other 2009 gigs here.

by nikki78 » Tue May 05, 2009 5:45 pm

From John Wesley Harding's MySpace:

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

Here is his link to the blog about the show: http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=75048493&blogId=486396484

nikki78
Smokin' with an eye that's broken

by dontlookback » Tue May 05, 2009 6:08 pm

nikki78 wrote:From John Wesley Harding's MySpace:

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

Here is his link to the blog about the show: http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=75048493&blogId=486396484

That's so awesome! [image]
Obligatory:
[image]

[image]
dontlookback
My shadow played a bass clarinet

by hellomyfriend » Tue May 05, 2009 6:12 pm

nikki78 wrote: [image]

[image] [image] [image]

ADD: [image] , [image]

AND: [image] <--- eugene :P
hellomyfriend
Probing Planet Bret

by gezyka » Tue May 05, 2009 6:28 pm

nikki78 wrote: [image]

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! [image]
gezyka
You don't have to be a prostitute

by sally » Tue May 05, 2009 6:53 pm

What a magical couple of nights!!
Though the heckling may not have been considered "aggressive" as compared to standard comedy club heckling...I think ALL screaming and yelling and commenting while someone is onstage (if they have not ASKED for such feedback) is aggressive and unnecessary. Even if it does come with the territory. But...that's just my opinion.
*~I don't think that's right, but I don't know enough about stars to dispute it.~*
sally
Bowie's in space

by nonchalant obsession » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:54 pm

Sorry to bump this old thread, but it was one of the greatest nights ever for me and I just relived it completely!

"Sally" I remember you from the meet and greet. I just about died when I saw your pictures. You told the story perfectly. Did you ever find out any info about the European magazine? They took pictures of my son too, and I've always wondered about it.

I just about died when I saw this photo because I'm in it. Caption (in my dreams): 'Bret thinks to himself, "Aw I turn my back for one minute and Jemaine moves in on my new girl." #happyyes#

A few of my photos from THAT NIGHT! #loveeyes#
I took this one of you. I was so flippin jealous that you got the man, man, lady shot.
Note Bret's backside in the background...
The guys decorated and signed some NZ bills I had from a trip.
*sigh* the other man, man, lady shot from behind.
And my personal favorite...and I must confess that at this point I was still a raging Jemainiac. In fact I nearly kicked Bret out of the way when Jemaine came out... #sadno#

take me back, take me back, take me back, take me back, TAKE ME BAAAAAAAAAAACK!
nonchalant obsession
Lost but happy at sea

by sheila » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:16 pm

#love3# #love3# #love3# #love3# #love3# #love3# #love3#
sheila
Way less focused than squirrels

by hellomyfriend » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:18 pm

[image]

hellomyfriend
Probing Planet Bret

by gezyka » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:29 pm

That is so awesome, nonch!! [image] [image] [image]
gezyka
You don't have to be a prostitute

by dontlookback » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:19 am

nonchalant obsession wrote:
[image]

[image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image]
dontlookback
My shadow played a bass clarinet

by peterpan » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:01 am

The boys were on top form for this meet and greet! [image]

All of these pictures are amazing. [image]
peterpan
Turning white clouds grey

by sally » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:30 pm

sheila wrote:[quote author=nonch board=ontour thread=1745 post=137791 time=1250830441]Sorry to bump this old thread, but it was one of the greatest nights ever for me and I just relived it completely!

"Sally" I remember you from the meet and greet. I just about died when I saw your pictures. You told the story perfectly. Did you ever find out any info about the European magazine? They took pictures of my son too, and I've always wondered about it.

I took this one of you. I was so flippin jealous that you got the man, man, lady shot.
[image]

Oh GOSH! HOW GREAT! We're prepping for the pic! We look like old buds! Thanks for this!

I think the mag came out but the pic of the guitars were not in it. It's someplace on the board and I'll try and find it.

How great was that night?
*~I don't think that's right, but I don't know enough about stars to dispute it.~*
sally
Bowie's in space

by Amily » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:35 am

Just a picture I found today....

[image]

[image]
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by nonchalant obsession » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:41 am

sally wrote:
sheila wrote:[quote author=nonch board=ontour thread=1745 post=137791 time=1250830441]Sorry to bump this old thread, but it was one of the greatest nights ever for me and I just relived it completely!

[image]

Oh GOSH! HOW GREAT! We're prepping for the pic! We look like old buds! Thanks for this!

I think the mag came out but the pic of the guitars were not in it. It's someplace on the board and I'll try and find it.

Thanks, I would love to see it. You were so relaxed and cool with the guys. I wish I would have told my friend to NEVER STOP TAKING PHOTOS. Cuz I just want to see every minute of it again.

How great was that night?

[image] I still haven't fully recovered, and probably never will. The atmosphere was so great that night, not the misty air mind you, but B & J were so kind and friendly, the great crowd, everything. Amily, thanks for the random photo of the M & G. I've always wondered if there are any pix out there of my conversations with the guys, or the hugs....did I DO that?!?!!...[image] .... Yup, I did. I grabbed 'em. I'm both filled with remorse at such utter innappropriatness and yet I will always treasure the memory of those two spontaneous squeel/hug combos.

I hope we get another tour someday.... [image]

nonchalant obsession
Lost but happy at sea

by sally » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:35 pm

Amily wrote:Just a picture I found today....

[image]

[image]

This was the moment where he tried to turn me and pull me out of the depths of Bret's heart. ;)

There's also a vid of me talking to Bret on someone else's Myspace. I keep trying to Keepvid it, but it's not working. But...it's a heartbreaker. I don't know if I posted the link on here or not.
sally
Bowie's in space

PreviousNext

Return to 2009 North American Tour