Welcome Anonymous !

Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

May 16 - Denver, CO

2009 North American tour and all other 2009 gigs here.

by Amily » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:50 am


gezyka wrote:I'm finally listening to this! [image] [image] [image]


[image]


Me too! Just plugged in my headphones. [image] [image] [image]

ADD: [image]
Image
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
User avatar
Amily
Administrator
 
Posts: 21840
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:18 pm
Location: New Zealand of the North

by sargifster » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:36 am

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! [image]

Downloading... It's going to feel like a long wait. ;D

To be able to hear Badass again = [image] [image] [image]

ADD:

Now listening... Such good quality to the sound.

What a gift to have been given...

[image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image]
sargifster
Administrator
 
Posts: 6957
Joined: Fri May 23, 2008 1:54 pm
Location: UK

by pcthirtyone » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:14 am

Oh hay, guess who can now add sound to their previously soundless videos of that night? K-k-k-k-k-k-YEAH!
pcthirtyone
I'm not crying
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 7:38 pm
Location: The ghetto in New Mexico

by sargifster » Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:03 am

Slightly off-topic:

I'm now listening to the Iron & Wine set.

My heart is just [image]

You can hear the atmosphere and the crowd on these tracks - and it just takes me back to such a wonderful night.

Words can't express how much I love having this whole show to relive over and over.

[image]

All we need now is Arj's set, and we can relive the whole thing. :)

I loved the crowd at Red Rocks so much. Such a great, friendly atmosphere.

[/mushy moment]

sargifster
Administrator
 
Posts: 6957
Joined: Fri May 23, 2008 1:54 pm
Location: UK

by gezyka » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:36 pm


sargifster wrote:Slightly off-topic:

I'm now listening to the Iron & Wine set.

My heart is just [image]

You can hear the atmosphere and the crowd on these tracks - and it just takes me back to such a wonderful night.

Words can't express how much I love having this whole show to relive over and over.

[image]

All we need now is Arj's set, and we can relive the whole thing. :)

I loved the crowd at Red Rocks so much. Such a great, friendly atmosphere.

[/mushy moment]


[image] [image] [image]
User avatar
gezyka
You don't have to be a prostitute
 
Posts: 20311
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:17 pm
Location: Texas Lexus?

by wmniwoman » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:05 pm


Venus wrote:Don't know whether this has been posted yet but someone put up a link where you can download the audio of the whole show on facebook. The quality is really good from what I've heard so far :) :
http://www.archive.org/details/FlightOfTheConcords-RedRocksCo


that badass song [image]
wmniwoman
Bowie's in space
 
Posts: 511
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:45 am
Location: STL

by Katie » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:12 pm


wmniwoman wrote:
Venus wrote:Don't know whether this has been posted yet but someone put up a link where you can download the audio of the whole show on facebook. The quality is really good from what I've heard so far :) :
http://www.archive.org/details/FlightOfTheConcords-RedRocksCo


that badass song [image]


His voice is so beautiful. [image]

[image] [image] [image]

Add: I think another reason this song is so special to me is because I had no idea it existed before he played it. I think it's the only song of theirs that I've heard live for the very first time, without seeing it on TV/video first.

I will always remember oohing and aahing with Ami while he was playing it. [image]

And the fact that you can hear the guy selling ice cream just adds to the atmosphere. [image]
User avatar
Katie
Totally Fine
 
Posts: 6505
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 10:11 pm
Location: Down Mr. Lee's Stairwell

by wmniwoman » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:16 pm


Katie wrote:
wmniwoman wrote:

that badass song [image]


His voice is so beautiful. [image]

[image] [image] [image]

Add: I think another reason this song is so special to me is because I had no idea it existed before he played it. I think it's the only song of theirs that I've heard live for the very first time, without seeing it on TV/video first.

I will always remember oohing and aahing with Ami while he was playing it. [image]

And the fact that you can hear the guy selling ice cream just adds to the atmosphere. [image]


a thousand times yis
[image]

the beatiful voice I mean
wmniwoman
Bowie's in space
 
Posts: 511
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:45 am
Location: STL

by dontlookback » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:43 pm

The audio is so great [image]

The badass song! [image] That is amazing [image]

User avatar
dontlookback
My shadow played a bass clarinet
 
Posts: 1891
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:12 pm
Location: delaware river.

by gezyka » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:46 pm


Katie wrote:Add: I think another reason this song is so special to me is because I had no idea it existed before he played it. I think it's the only song of theirs that I've heard live for the very first time, without seeing it on TV/video first.

I will always remember oohing and aahing with Ami while he was playing it. [image]

And the fact that you can hear the guy selling ice cream just adds to the atmosphere. [image]

We were all like, "Whoa! what? Huh? What's this?? [image] [image] [image] "

SO happy it was captured, and so well!! [image]
User avatar
gezyka
You don't have to be a prostitute
 
Posts: 20311
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:17 pm
Location: Texas Lexus?

by chrissycubana » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:11 pm


sargifster wrote:

[/mushy moment]




[image] [image] [image]



Katie wrote:

His voice is so beautiful. [image]



oh my god, yes.

[image]


those of you who were able to hear/see that in person are soooooo lucky!!!! and i'm happy that you all have that memory
[image]
Image


"If there's one thing I can't stand, it's plagiarism."

"Suddenly, playing with yourself is a scholarly pursuit."
User avatar
chrissycubana
Caribbean Lady
 
Posts: 6366
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:18 pm
Location: los angeles, ca

by gezyka » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:15 pm

Everyone swooning over this recording (and the Iron & Wine one) should let the guy know. :D You can post reviews, but you need to create an account (it's free!).

For easy access:
http://www.archive.org/details/IRONWINE2009-05-16
http://www.archive.org/details/FlightOfTheConcords-RedRocksCo

[image] [image] [image]

ADD:
Well, you don't have to..."should" was a strong word! [image] But I was so happy that the option was there! [image]
User avatar
gezyka
You don't have to be a prostitute
 
Posts: 20311
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:17 pm
Location: Texas Lexus?

by Amily » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:17 pm


gezyka wrote:Everyone swooning over this recording (and the Iron & Wine one) should let the guy know. :D You can post reviews, but you need to create an account (it's free!).

For easy access:
http://www.archive.org/details/IRONWINE2009-05-16
http://www.archive.org/details/FlightOfTheConcords-RedRocksCo

[image] [image] [image]


I was going to leave a review last night but it was late and I didn't feel like creating an account at the time. I definitely plan to thank him later today.

[image] [image] [image]
Image
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
User avatar
Amily
Administrator
 
Posts: 21840
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:18 pm
Location: New Zealand of the North

by step0nmi » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:58 pm


gezyka wrote:Everyone swooning over this recording (and the Iron & Wine one) should let the guy know. :D You can post reviews, but you need to create an account (it's free!).

For easy access:
http://www.archive.org/details/IRONWINE2009-05-16
http://www.archive.org/details/FlightOfTheConcords-RedRocksCo

[image] [image] [image]

ADD:
Well, you don't have to..."should" was a strong word! [image] But I was so happy that the option was there! [image]


LISTENING!!!! [image] [image] [image] [image] [image]
step0nmi
 

by Amily » Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:04 am

Still [image]
Image
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
User avatar
Amily
Administrator
 
Posts: 21840
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:18 pm
Location: New Zealand of the North

PreviousNext

Return to 2009 North American Tour

cron