Welcome Anonymous !

Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

10 May - Birmingham, UK

2010 European tour and all other 2010 gigs here.

by Venus » Sat May 22, 2010 5:58 pm

Courtney!! [image] [image] Thank so much for posting your account of the experience! I knew there'll be stuff that you'd remember which I hadn't mentioned! Ah memories! [image]

onlyalways wrote:After the groans, much like what Vesna said, they saved themselves by saying "Hey! You don't know what we were going to do! We were going to make them sound like dicks! Now you're the dick!"

[image] Yes!

After that, Bret said "But if you're not a sheep, go f-ck off." Which got a big laugh, but then he kinda made a face and quick added "Just joking, just joking." like he went too far. But then Jemaine added, "No, really. F-ck off."

[image] I loved the sheep banter! I remember them also mentioning that the people making sheep noises wouldn't know what they're saying in sheep language. [image]

I was SO impressed by Foux da Fafa live!! It was just HYSTERICAL. There overly animated facial expressions during it just had to make you smile. Toward the beginning Jemaine would say "Voulez-vous coucher avec moi, ce soir?......... Menage et trois?........ You, me... baguette!!" XD

Yes, their facial expressions were the best! I thought it was cute when Jemaine said "Discotheque?" and they smiled at eachother and Bret said in his French female voice "D'accord". [image]

Here is a picture I got with Bret. It started as us just beside each other than just elevated to this full-forced hug.

[image]

This is such a cute picture!! [image] [image] [image]

Eugene! His set was amazing and I was already a fan of his work. I brought his CD from home, but I had left it in the car before the show.

[image]

I asked for a picture, and Sara popped in there right before the picture took, and Eugene said "I hope you two are friends..." because she wasn't with me when I asked. [image] I wanted to get into a bit more of a conversation with Eugene, so I said that I had his CD for him to sign but I accidentally left it in the car. He replied super serious: "Well I'm not going to your car to sign it."

"Oh no! I wasn't implying that!"

"I know... I was joking..."

"OH! (awkward)Ha ha ha ha..."

It was great! [image] [image]
[image] [image]

Here is a random picture, because Eugene asked if he could get a picture with Bret! [image] I got so excited to get a picture of Bret and Eugene but he was just joking... again. So here is a picture of essentially nothing. :P

[image]

[image] Thanks so much for the account of your encounter with Eugene because I wasn't near your guys at that time. I wish I could have spoken to him a bit more. :)

When it finally hit me that I hadn't seen Nigel, I noticed that he was in the van. I was later told that he was out for a while, but went back in I guess because no one/not many went up to him! :-[ I'm sorry Nigel! I just had tunnel vision! I would have loved to meet him too, although I don't know what I would have said.

Yeah I saw Nigel sitting in the van the whole time and I think I mentioned to Sarah that I wanted to meet him but he didn't seem to want to speak with fans and may have been tired. And I didn't want to walk over to the van which had other people in it if he wasn't up for it. :P So you didn't get to meet him at the other shows? That's a shame. He's so sweet and really easy to talk to.

They began to get back into the van, Jemaine was the last to get in and he said "Thanks for the stuff!" [image] ([image] [image] [image] ) He then noticed that he still had one of Sara's silver sharpies. I said it was ours and must of made a stupid jester for him to throw it! From far away! IN THE DARK. XDDD He threw it and I remember thinking "OMG COURTNEY YOU HAVE TO CATCH THIS, YOUR MICRO-SIZED AMOUNT OF COOLNESS DEPENDS ON IT!!!" But I used a substantial amount of good karma and managed to catch it one handed. I must have made an expression along the lines of "Hey! I got it!!" cause Jemaine kinda smiled at my small victory.

[image] That was truly amazing! I even held my breath for you and was hoping so badly that you'd catch the sharpie! [image] I'm so glad you did! [image]

And then they went on their way. The whole night with their performance and surprise!meeting them was for lack of a better word: epic.

[image] [image] [image] [image] [image]

It was truly epic! [image] [image] [image]

Thanks for your account and pics, Courtney! [image] [image]
#heart# Image #heart#
Venus
The day time of the night

by onlyalways » Sat May 22, 2010 7:26 pm

Venus wrote:
Yeah I saw Nigel sitting in the van the whole time and I think I mentioned to Sarah that I wanted to meet him but he didn't seem to want to speak with fans and may have been tired. And I didn't want to walk over to the van which had other people in it if he wasn't up for it. :P So you didn't get to meet him at the other shows? That's a shame. He's so sweet and really easy to talk to.

Oh, so maybe I misheard and he never came out...

He was out after the Glasgow shows, but its like I wouldn't know what to say. I know he's part of WIUO, but I don't know THAT much about it. (Except how gorgeous he sounds in Africa.) But I was more than happy to see Laura talk to him then. [image]

Thank you Vesna for YOUR recap!! I wouldn't have remember the little extra things if it weren't for your recap. :)

We must be good at guitar... we're not that good.

tumblr | twitter
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

by Venus » Sat May 22, 2010 7:47 pm

onlyalways wrote:
Venus wrote:

Oh, so maybe I misheard and he never came out...

He was out after the Glasgow shows, but its like I wouldn't know what to say. I know he's part of WIUO, but I don't know THAT much about it. (Except how gorgeous he sounds in Africa.) But I was more than happy to see Laura talk to him then. [image]

Thank you Vesna for YOUR recap!! I wouldn't have remember the little extra things if it weren't for your recap. :)

Oops I missed the part when you said he came out. Oh, I didn't notice that he did then! Aww, that's a shame that he went back in the van. It was pretty hectic with people trying to get their posters signed at first but I'm sure once that died down, people would have spoken to him. Never mind! I'm sure he knows that he still has many fans out here who love him. [image] [image]

Okay, I understand why you wouldn't know what to say to him. :)

No problem! I really enjoyed reading your recap too! [image]
#heart# Image #heart#
Venus

by Red » Sat May 22, 2010 8:03 pm

Thanks for the recaps and pictures Vesna and Courtney!

onlyalways wrote:
[image]

I think this is one of the most adorable 'Bret with fan' pics that I have ever seen! So cute!
Red
Turning white clouds grey

by hellomyfriend » Sat May 22, 2010 9:11 pm

onlyalways wrote:After that, Bret said "But if you're not a sheep, go f-ck off." Which got a big laugh, but then he kinda made a face and quick added "Just joking, just joking." like he went too far.

Toward the beginning Jemaine would say "Voulez-vous coucher avec moi, ce soir?......... Menage et trois?........ You, me... baguette!!" XD

Jemaine also talked about the formation of FOTC when it was only him in the band but Bret just joined in and he just kept playing behind Bret and to demonstrate, Jemaine got out of his seat and stood behind Bret but Bret said he did the same with Bowie but it wasn’t successful.

We gave him the shirt and he asked if he could open if, which of course we said "Yes! Please!" He took out the shirt and just kinda squinted at it as a slow smile appeared on his face. He asked "Did you get this at TopMan??" We thought it was called TopShop so we replied "Top... shop??" XD And he said something about it being the same. :P He said that he saw the shirt a few days prior but it was in gray, and that he remember thinking that he liked the shirt. :D

[image]

I love that he wore the shirt so much ... it shows how much he liked it. You did an awesome job choosing a gift. [image] [image] [image]

We gave him the cookbook and his eyes filled with wonder. [image]

[image]

They were both impressed by how prepared we were with the silver sharpies. [image] [image]

[image]

Here is a picture I got with Bret. It started as us just beside each other than just elevated to this full-forced hug.

[image]

(Loser. ::) :P)

This is now my favorite tour photo. [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image]

Look at your little face! [image]

;D :D

[image]

I asked for a picture, and Sara popped in there right before the picture took, and Eugene said "I hope you two are friends..." because she wasn't with me when I asked. [image]

Here is a random picture, because Eugene asked if he could get a picture with Bret! [image] I got so excited to get a picture of Bret and Eugene but he was just joking... again. So here is a picture of essentially nothing. :P

[image]

It's existential. [image]

He then noticed that he still had one of Sara's silver sharpies. I said it was ours and must of made a stupid jester for him to throw it! From far away! IN THE DARK. XDDD He threw it and I remember thinking "OMG COURTNEY YOU HAVE TO CATCH THIS, YOUR MICRO-SIZED AMOUNT OF COOLNESS DEPENDS ON IT!!!" But I used a substantial amount of good karma and managed to catch it one handed. I must have made an expression along the lines of "Hey! I got it!!" cause Jemaine kinda smiled at my small victory.

I think everyone reading this also smiled at your victory. I definitely did. [image]

Thank you for taking the time to post your amazing recap. It was flawless, adorable, and Courtney (which is a synonym for flawlessly adorable). [image]

hellomyfriend
Probing Planet Bret

by emira » Mon May 24, 2010 7:06 am

Thank you Vesna and Courtney for so complete story. [image] [image]

I've finally read all the recaps from this show and they brought back some memories from my shows I went to. There are some similarities but also there are so many little things that make every show unique. [image]

I'll try to work on my recaps later this week. Last week was pretty busy for me, so sorry I've been quiet around this section. I can't believe it's been over a week since I saw them and it's been like ages now [image] .
emira
You can't break this heart...

by Venus » Mon May 24, 2010 5:51 pm

No problem LaDonna and Sylwia! Can't wait to read your recaps as well, Sylwia. :)
#heart# Image #heart#
Venus

by Venus » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:52 am

Here's a pic I took of Bret opening the bag Courtney and Sara gave him and looking at the t-shirt. It's blurry but it shows how excited he was as he enthusiastically opened the bag to see what was inside! [image]
(You can also see Nigel chillin' in the van in the background [image] )

[image]
#heart# Image #heart#
Venus

by hellomyfriend » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:05 pm

Venus wrote:Here's a pic I took of Bret opening the bag Courtney and Sara gave him and looking at the t-shirt. It's blurry but it shows how excited he was as he enthusiastically opened the bag to see what was inside! [image]

[image]

[image] Blurry Happy Bret [image]

hellomyfriend
Probing Planet Bret

by onlyalways » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:19 pm

Venus wrote:Here's a pic I took of Bret opening the bag Courtney and Sara gave him and looking at the t-shirt. It's blurry but it shows how excited he was as he enthusiastically opened the bag to see what was inside! [image]

[image]

Thanks again for getting a picture of everything ~in action~. [image] [image]

I think my favorite thing still is Nigel a creepin' back there. [image]

[image] [image] [image]

tumblr | twitter
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

by laura » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:12 pm

onlyalways wrote:

[image]

Thanks again for getting a picture of everything ~in action~. [image] [image]

[image] [image] [image]

I think my favorite thing still is Nigel a creepin' back there. [image]

[image] [image] [image]

It wouldn't be the first time...

[image]

;D
laura
Dr. Flighty

by hellomyfriend » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:19 pm

laura wrote:
It wouldn't be the first time...

[image]

;D

*intrigued by Peeking Nigel*

*posting full image for "research purposes"*

*cough*

[image]

[image]
hellomyfriend
Probing Planet Bret

by Venus » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:01 pm

Nigel [image] [image]

onlyalways wrote:Thanks again for getting a picture of everything ~in action~. [image] [image]

No problem! Thank you for taking those wonderful pics that night. [image]
I like this blurry pic of me and Bret. It shows how I was just innocently going to stand next to him for a photo and then he pulled me in. [image]

[image]

I came across these photos on Facebook. I remember those guys as they led the way to the carpark where we waited. :)

[image]

I spot a couple familiar faces in the background. ;)

[image]

[image]
Credit: Blake
#heart# Image #heart#
Venus

by onlyalways » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:09 pm

Thank you for finding some additional pictures, Vensa! :D [image]

They look more happy in the pictures with us, now don't they? [image] ;)

tumblr | twitter
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

by Venus » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:16 pm

No problem! :)

onlyalways wrote:They look more happy in the pictures with us, now don't they? [image] ;)

Hehe, yes! ;)
#heart# Image #heart#
Venus

PreviousNext

Return to 2010 Mostly European Tour