Welcome Anonymous !

Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

15 May - Glasgow, UK

2010 European tour and all other 2010 gigs here.

by accordions » Sat May 22, 2010 2:35 pm

gezyka wrote:
accordions wrote:There's a snippet of my American accent in there D: [image]

eeeeee! Where?? [image]

It was obviously so accurate it got lost with the other two American accents! [image] I can hear myself saying something like "this is me imitating it noooo-oow"... :P
accordions
Bowie's in space

by gezyka » Sat May 22, 2010 2:48 pm

accordions wrote:
gezyka wrote:
eeeeee! Where?? [image]

It was obviously so accurate it got lost with the other two American accents! [image] I can hear myself saying something like "this is me imitating it noooo-oow"... :P

"This is what I was trying to dooo?" :D It's hard to hear individual voices because of the bagpipe and drums in the background! [image] I can hear Sara's most clearly, can pick out Courtney a little bit ("Whatever you guys wanna do"), and Sylwia ("Let's check the price"). [image]

I'm assuming "Those there are kilt towels" is you because it's a Scottish voice that doesn't sound like Laura's (plus you were the mastermind behind OKT [image] ). :D
gezyka
You don't have to be a prostitute

by accordions » Sat May 22, 2010 2:57 pm

gezyka wrote:
"This is what I was trying to dooo?" :D It's hard to hear individual voices because of the bagpipe and drums in the background! [image] I can hear Sara's most clearly, can pick out Courtney a little bit ("Whatever you guys wanna do"), and Sylwia ("Let's check the price"). [image]

I'm assuming "Those there are kilt towels" is you because it's a Scottish voice that doesn't sound like Laura's (plus you were the mastermind behind OKT [image] ). :D

That's me! [image] ;D
Yes, Laura has a more Glaswegian accent than I do...the variety of the Scottish accent is truly vast. [image]
accordions
Bowie's in space

by laura » Sat May 22, 2010 4:40 pm

accordions wrote:
gezyka wrote:

That's me! [image] ;D
Yes, Laura has a more Glaswegian accent than I do...the variety of the Scottish accent is truly vast. [image]

Basically I have a rough accent (a la "I'll cut your 'ucking beard right off" ) and Jessie has a lovely accent [image]

I think this must have been recorded when Sarah and I were on our adventure walking under the motorway [image] (and then taking the underground 1 stop [image] [image] )

Love hearing you all again! [image]

(just as well I'm not on the recording - I was ridiculously over enthusiastic when the idea was mentioned [image] [image] [image] )
laura
Dr. Flighty

by gezyka » Sat May 22, 2010 4:57 pm

laura wrote:I think this must have been recorded when Sarah and I were on our adventure walking under the motorway [image] (and then taking the underground 1 stop [image] [image] )

That explains why I couldn't pick up your voices! [image] [image]
gezyka

by emira » Sat May 22, 2010 5:22 pm

Good ear and detective work, Jessica [image] [image] .

And yes, it was when Laura and Sarah weren't with us. We checked the price, met L&S and went back to the shop to buy the towels. The rest is history [image] .
emira
You can't break this heart...

by onlyalways » Sat May 22, 2010 5:26 pm

accordions wrote:There's a snippet of my American accent in there D: [image]

Your American accent was awesome! [image] [image]

Sometime during the weekend I asked you to do it again and you said something like "I'm ah-MERRRican." and it was the best thing ever. [image]

I know I did a Scottish accent like once and had a pretty bad neutral-sounding British accent... I'm very happy it wasn't caught on tape. :P

We must be good at guitar... we're not that good.

tumblr | twitter
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

by emira » Sat May 22, 2010 5:39 pm

onlyalways wrote:
I know I did a Scottish accent like once and had a pretty bad neutral-sounding British accent... I'm very happy it wasn't caught on tape. :P

I should have recorded you trying to say IRN BRU [image] .
emira

by onlyalways » Sat May 22, 2010 5:52 pm

emira wrote:
onlyalways wrote:

Ok, THAT I would have been down for!! [image]

tumblr | twitter
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

by gezyka » Sat May 22, 2010 10:09 pm

onlyalways wrote:
emira wrote:

Ok, THAT I would have been down for!! [image]

There's always LA! [image]
gezyka

by accordions » Sun May 30, 2010 10:33 am

Review in the NME.

[image]

[image]
(for the NME, they still managed to get name-spelling and the date of the gig wrong...)
accordions
Bowie's in space

by emira » Sun May 30, 2010 11:29 am

accordions wrote:
(for the NME, they still managed to get name-spelling and the date of the gig wrong...)

[image] How very conchords - two sold out gigs and the music magazine still don't know the proper spelling of their names and when they played.

Thanks, Jessie! [image] My favourite part:

And though the series itself might be over, the new song they play (...) would seem to serve as proof that the band themselves will continue.

This is how I feel too.

[image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image]
emira

by ajt267 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:11 pm

The day after the concert I went out on a mission to get a kilt towel, I succeeded in finding one exactly like Bret's and brought it simply because Bret owned one too lol
♫Wear the eyepatch Bret, wear the funky, funky eyepatch!♫
ajt267
Turning white clouds grey

by emira » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:16 pm

ajt267 wrote:The day after the concert I went out on a mission to get a kilt towel, I succeeded in finding one exactly like Bret's and brought it simply because Bret owned one too lol

[image]

ADD

Cleaning my paper mess, I've found a receipt for the kilt towel for Nigel ;D . I haven't thrown it away yet [image] .
emira

by onlyalways » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:20 pm

emira wrote:
ajt267 wrote:The day after the concert I went out on a mission to get a kilt towel, I succeeded in finding one exactly like Bret's and brought it simply because Bret owned one too lol

[image]

ADD

Cleaning my paper mess, I've found a receipt for the kilt towel for Nigel ;D . I haven't thrown it away yet [image] .

I still have the receipt for when we bought Jem and Bret's! :D [image] [image]

I don't know why I have it- Laura paid for them! [image]

tumblr | twitter
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

PreviousNext

Return to 2010 Mostly European Tour