Welcome Anonymous !

Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

17 May - London, UK

2010 European tour and all other 2010 gigs here.

by cheapzoo » Thu May 20, 2010 2:59 pm

Venus wrote:When they finished, Bret said "There's a guy up front who's not into Kate Bush. He's like *shakes head* 'nah'". [image]

[image]

Bret taking someone's camera to take pictures of his crotch:
[image]

Seeing as they've met you a few times and you're front row next week, it has surely got to be your camera that gets some crotch shots at Wembley. ;)

I was in the second row but I could still see some people around me and in the corner of my eye going back and forth from their seats during the show so it must have been pretty annoying for some others. Rachel and Leanne also noticed people seemed to get up from their seats quite often during the show. I wasn’t complaining when the person in front of me got out of her seat during 1353 though to make my view even clearer. ;)

Although -fantastic that your view was clearer [image] - but the fact someone would get up during a new song kind of makes me think that both these nights had a lot of people present who were mainly interested in hearing songs from the show live and not much else. I got that kind of vibe the night before at least. I was at the back of the stalls so could see a lot of what was going on in the audience and people were all over the place, it was insane. Can you not just sit the flip down for two hours? Sheesh. >:(

Venus wrote:

Aw! That's so cute. And now that has got the be the best uke ever in existence. [image]

We even talked about the Apollo’s marquee. He found it quite amusing that FOTC had their name in lights in the marquee but the rest of the building was covered with huge posters of Ricky Gervais.

I actually burst out laughing as I approached the Apollo on the Sunday and saw the huge Ricky Gervais sign passed the flyover. It seemed so fotc fitting that even at their own show their name was overshadowed by another act. [image]

Bret signed my FOTC S1 DVD and I decided to ask whether there was any chance of a live tour DVD. He paused and said “No, you’ve seen it all live now!” quite animatedly throwing his arms around (aww!). I have to say that I’m still not fully convinced for some reason but maybe that’s just my wishful thinking. :P

Hmm. From how he responded, I'm wishfully thinking too. ;)

[image]
(Rhys is the one who drew the ‘meetings’ thought bubble coming out of Jemaine’s head & signed it last summer after one of his shows)

I love Rhys' 'meetings' thought bubble! [image] And Jemaine deciding there needed to be a reminder of which one he is on your DVD too. How wonderful random of him!

Great recap Venus, thank you! [image]
cheapzoo
Beneath a willow tree

by Venus » Fri May 21, 2010 9:12 am

Thanks, Nik! [image]

cheapzoo wrote:
Seeing as they've met you a few times and you're front row next week, it has surely got to be your camera that gets some crotch shots at Wembley. ;)

Haha, it would be hilarious if I was involved in any way during Sugalumps! I've got my camera ready just in case. ;) I'm just glad I'll be able to see it all up close whatever happens! ;D

Although -fantastic that your view was clearer [image] - but the fact someone would get up during a new song kind of makes me think that both these nights had a lot of people present who were mainly interested in hearing songs from the show live and not much else. I got that kind of vibe the night before at least. I was at the back of the stalls so could see a lot of what was going on in the audience and people were all over the place, it was insane. Can you not just sit the flip down for two hours? Sheesh. >:(

I know, I did think it was strange for her to get up during the new song out of all times to be getting up. A lot of people were up and down going to the toilet or getting drinks. It can be pretty distracting.

Aw! That's so cute. And now that has got the be the best uke ever in existence. [image]

[image] [image]

I actually burst out laughing as I approached the Apollo on the Sunday and saw the huge Ricky Gervais sign passed the flyover. It seemed so fotc fitting that even at their own show their name was overshadowed by another act. [image]

[image] Exactly! I just came across a pic on Flickr of it here. [image]

Hmm. From how he responded, I'm wishfully thinking too. ;)

Good to know I'm not the only one. ;)

I love Rhys' 'meetings' thought bubble! [image] And Jemaine deciding there needed to be a reminder of which one he is on your DVD too. How wonderful random of him!

Hehe, yes! I thought it was quite cute (& random) the way he pointed at it and said "that's me". [image] [image]

Glad you enjoyed reading it! [image]
#heart# Image #heart#
Venus
The day time of the night

by Venus » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:47 am

A pic a fellow fan I met that night took of Jemaine signing my DVD [image]

[image]
#heart# Image #heart#
Venus
The day time of the night

by emira » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:50 pm

I love when he puts his collar up [image] .
emira
You can't break this heart...

by emira » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:17 pm

emira
You can't break this heart...

by Chloue » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:14 pm

haven't read it all (yet, it's pretty long!), but these:
Venus wrote:Image

AAAAAW
he must have been flatteres you had that :)

Venus wrote:Image

and I love the "that's me" from Jemaine, how adorable #love3#
Chloue
I like to rock the party!

Previous

Return to 2010 Mostly European Tour