Welcome Anonymous !

Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

LIVE SONGS COMPILATION DVD!

FOTC gigs from the past, present and not so distant future.

by duttle » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:13 pm

i would like to compile a dvd (perhaps even a 2 disc set, depending on if everything will fit on a single disc) of selected FOTC live songs, shot by flightys and perhaps other fans from over the years and a cd (of selected songs from the dvd) to accompany it!

the set will be complete with a dvd case and artwork and the dvd itself will have menus and all that fancy stuff.

SO! who would like to help me? i can't do this alone! i will take care of compiling the dvds and printing the artwork and mailing off stuff etc
anyone know the fotcfanbase.com page really well or wouldn't mind spending hours browsing videos on it? i will do my share of browsing too.

-I want DECENT QUALITY VIDEOS! The video doesn't have to be amazing HD quality front row shot shii with all kinds of beautiful close ups and whatnot...I just want it to be good enough where we tell what they're doing. It's also okay if the video is just a close up of a jumbo screen thingy.
-THE AUDIO MUST BE SOMEWHAT GOOD! We need to be able to hear at least 85% of what they're saying/singing the entire time.
-I want FULL SONGS (and banter clips), not just clips or parts cut out. This may prove to be difficult with some songs...we'll see. I will try to splice videos to make a complete song only if I have to and only if it sounds decent.
-I would like the whole thing to kind of flow together but it doesn't really have to.
-I want some funny, funny banter to throw in here and there.
-I know I want it to open with something they often use to open (Jemaine's spoken intro followed by Too Many Dicks maybe?) and close with On The Road (we need the banter they mention in this song too, so everyone will get it), followed by an epic Sugalumps and maybe even an encore.
-I may want to compile some brief opening standup from Arj, Kristen, Eugene...anyone, providing the video clips are decent.
-I may want to include videos of meeting the guys after the show. Not sure yet. Let me know of any good ones anyone can enjoy (not just ones that are cute because they say hi to someone who is not there ;)).

I NEED FROM YOUS TEH FOLLOWING!!
- I WANT SONG SUGGESTIONS. Find a good quality, complete version of said song on the fanbase page or youtube or wherever, providing I am able to contact the person and ask if I can use their video for the DVD.
- I WANT BANTER SUGGESTIONS and maybe even opening comedian material suggestions. Same as before: good quality, complete...if I really have to, I can try to splice some banter videos together if it will turn out decent.
-Someone to tell me the best way to rip youtube/other vids from on teh interwebz to my computer. I have never done this before.
I will probably need to convert the videos to .avi or something else but I think I got it from here...I have an awesome video converter program.
- Someone to come up with a clever fotc related name for the dvd/cd set. I've been trying to think of something as well but no luck :-/ Perhaps something relating to "dub video dub"?
-Maybe someone can make some artwork for the cover, back, disc(s), menus?

This set will be FREE to anyone who wants a copy (I, of course, don't want to make money off the guys illegally) and I encourage everyone to make copies for others (if you have the technology). Let's give people who have never had the privilege to have seen a conchords show an amazingly decent experience!
Although the end result will be free, if anyone would like to contribute a little cash to this project, please PM me and let me know. Maybe we can work something out via paypal. This may be expensive, what with all the materials and whatnot (blank dvds & cds, printer paper & stickers, printer ink, dvd cases, etc). This is only optional!

Every person who shot a video will be credited on the dvd menus.
The location and name of the venue they played at in each video will also be credited, either on the dvd menus or will be briefly featured on screen at the beginning of each song/segment.

With my DVD software, I am not sure if I can publish both NTSC and PAL formats or if I can make them multi-regional...I will need to check it out.

Please reply via this thread and only PM if necessary.
Thaaaaaaanks! I look forward to working on this! There is no due date at all.
Peace, love and complimentary muffins
duttle
Lost but happy at sea

by Amily » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:23 pm

duttle

I love all of your ideas so far and I will do whatever I can to help. But as for right now, I must go to sleep!

I can only imagine the epic possibilities as there are so many talented and creative people around these parts.
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by chrissycubana » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:51 pm

sounds like a wonderful idea - i know many of us have really been hoping for something like this produced by the guys and their management, so having access to the collected live songs would be just lovely.

alas, i have not taken videos of their songs so i couldn't contribute, but i look forward to seeing how this all comes together!

i think your idea from the sb to perhaps ask the guys (via myspace) whether they'd be ok with this idea is probably a good one.

[image]

"If there's one thing I can't stand, it's plagiarism."

"Suddenly, playing with yourself is a scholarly pursuit."
chrissycubana
Caribbean Lady

by Amily » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:09 am

chrissycubana wrote:i think your idea from the sb to perhaps ask the guys (via myspace) whether they'd be ok with this idea is probably a good one.

I agree with this. [image] Couldn't hurt to give them the heads up and like I said if they aren't cool with it I'm sure they'll let you know. :)
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by sargifster » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:10 am

duttle wrote:
anyone know the fotcfanbase.com page really well?

*raises hand*

I created it, so every single video on there has been watched by me (for 2008, 2009 and 2010).

I was thinking of doing a project in the future something along these lines (but not with a DVD).

So, I have various lists of good videos and audio waiting for the time to do my project.

As a note, if there is no description above each particular video, such as Cut beginning/Cut ending/Clip - you can assume that the video is full length and includes the whole song. Might save you some time looking.

Feel free to ask for any further help.

[image]
sargifster
Administrator

by peterpan » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:03 am

This is such a bloody brilliant idea! [image] [image]

If you need any help with the editing together and menus and stuff I'd be happy to pitch in. Asking the guys about it is a decent idea too, I really don't think they would have a problem with it, but would appreciate asking them anyway.

Would it be too much, or too long of a DVD to have every song they have done on there, granted they are all good to great quality etc?
peterpan
Turning white clouds grey

by duttle » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:53 pm

in order for the quality to be best, i cannot have every single song, unfortunately. although, maybe it can be a multi-disc set. we'll see.
i myspaced the guys 3 days ago, no word yet. i'm sure it's fine.

in the next couple of days i will officially start on this. exciting!
duttle
Lost but happy at sea

by emira » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:33 pm

[image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image]
emira
You can't break this heart...

Return to What Goes On Tour