Welcome Anonymous !

Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

Bands

Banter about the rhythm of the movement of the feel of the melody of the rhythm of the feeling of Bret and Jemaine's music. Here you will find the largest known collection of Conchords lyrics and chords.

by fotcfan321 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:02 am

If this is in the wrong place, I apologize.
I was wondering if anyone knew of bands that had a similarity to FOTC. Not looking for a copy here, just a similar sound. They don't have to be comedic ( great if they are though) but I'm looking for ones that are somewhat appropriate (not worse than FOTC). I know of Garfunkel and oates and Tenacious D, but not really my style. Any others?
"Ever since I can remember, I've had memories" Colin Mochrie
fotcfan321
I'm making a lasagne... for one

by blondesnotbombs » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:00 pm

I can't say that I'm terribly familiar with their work (though I am planning on checking them out), but the guys do cite The Front Lawn as one of their influences and the comparison between the two comes up a lot in NZ based media. Recently the guys called Bus Driver's Song specifically was very Front Lawn-esque during their Radio New Zealand appearance.

I think FotC and They Might Be Giants go together quite well, but that's probably just me. #haha#
blondesnotbombs
Your leaves are making me horny

by fotcfan321 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:36 pm

Cool, I'll have to check those out. Thanks!
fotcfan321

by sargifster » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:56 am

blondesnotbombs wrote:I can't say that I'm terribly familiar with their work (though I am planning on checking them out), but the guys do cite The Front Lawn as one of their influences and the comparison between the two comes up a lot in NZ based media. Recently the guys called Bus Driver's Song specifically was very Front Lawn-esque during their Radio New Zealand appearance.

The Front Lawn immediately came to my mind as well.

You can listen to samples from their two albums (or buy the tracks as mp3s) here:

Songs from The Front Lawn

http://www.amplifier.co.nz/release/14403/songs-from-the-front-lawn.html

P.S. Andy #love3# #love3#

More Songs From The Front Lawn

http://www.amplifier.co.nz/release/14404/more-songs-from-the-front-lawn.html
sargifster
Administrator

by fotcfan321 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:39 am

Thanks for the additional material Sargifster. Staying with my folks for a bit who have slow (VERY) internet, but when I get back home I will definitely check that out!
fotcfan321

Return to Working the Beat