Welcome Anonymous !

Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

UKULELE!

Banter about the rhythm of the movement of the feel of the melody of the rhythm of the feeling of Bret and Jemaine's music. Here you will find the largest known collection of Conchords lyrics and chords.

by gezyka » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:09 pm

Ok, I feel like I really have no business starting this thread as I don't even own a uke...

...but HEY. It exists now, right? #cheer#

taken in Alistair's Music on Cuba Street #loveeyes#

Let's get a show of hands:

- Who plays uke?

- Who would like to learn how to play?

If you do play, tell us what kind of uke(s) (soprano, concert, etc) and feel free to share photos if you like. #aziz#

Really, do whatever you want...just trying to get the ball rolling! #happyroll#
gezyka
You don't have to be a prostitute

by Chloue » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:25 am

I WANT TO PLAY THE UKE HELL YEAH!
But I don't know how to...... I don't know how to play the guitare either. But I do play violin (stoped for a few years though, should definitely start again... /random).
But my ukulele is kind of weird, not a regular hawaiian uke, it's more like a traditional tahitian uke.
Not sure about what I'm talking about? Take a look:

But I was thinking about buying a regular one. And I need some recs. Like, which kind, and if possible, not too expensive #wise#
BTW that picture is lovely #love3# It make wanna have one, a colored one.
Chloue
I like to rock the party!

by unabridged0 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:25 am

I'm literally leaving for school. But I have a Hilo soprano ukulele that I will post pictures of when I get home.
unabridged0
Lost but happy at sea

by onlyalways » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:53 am

Yay Flighty Ukulele Club! #cheer#

I don't own an uke and I've never learned how to play an instrument... the concept is pretty over my head.

I have pretty much zero knowledge when it comes to music...

But I have been a little interested in trying a ukulele out. :) I'm afraid though that I'll go buy one and everything and then not stick with it. 8-)

We must be good at guitar... we're not that good.

tumblr | twitter
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

by ajt267 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:16 am

I'd love to learn how to play a ukulele! I once pointed one out to my mum when we were walking past an instrument shop, the reply I was given "Hell no you're not getting a ukulele" #lol#

One day when I have the money I will go into town by myself and buy one, I swear XD I'll hide it and practice when she's out until I can play a song half decently, then I'll show it to her and say "Look, I got a ukulele today and look how much I can already play!"

Courtney, I've never stuck with an instrument, recorder just bored me and when I played double bass I was expected to go to orchestra but I couldn't carry it around with me (keep in mind I was less than 5ft at that point and my double bass was bigger than me XD) so I quit double bass. I played a bass guitar once for a photo in the paper, and I've played an acoustic once for a song we preformed in music, but other than that I'm not good with instruments at all #lol#
♫Wear the eyepatch Bret, wear the funky, funky eyepatch!♫
ajt267
Turning white clouds grey

by emira » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:56 am

I fell in love with ukes when I saw them in a music shop in London. Some of them, the colour ones, were pretty cheap, like £20, but the ones I liked more were much more expensive. I was tempted to buy even the cheap one, but then I decided to improve my skills in playing the guitar and buy a uke in New Zealand, maybe in a shop where Bret bought his Gibson. #haha#
emira
You can't break this heart...

by ajt267 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:38 am

Syl, you should definitely go for the uke! #cheer#
♫Wear the eyepatch Bret, wear the funky, funky eyepatch!♫
ajt267
Turning white clouds grey

by laura » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:39 pm

I attempt to play a number of instruments but am not particularly good at any of them.

Here is my 1st uke signed by the UOoGB!!!

It now lives on my wall #aziz#

I currently play a pono tenor uke (and sometimes a koaloha soprano which is gorgeous #loveeyes# )

(other instruments hanging around my place - guitar, stylophone, kazoo, (several) tin whistle(s), clarinet...)
#cheer# F.U.C #cheer#
laura
Dr. Flighty

by laura » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:44 pm

Chloue wrote:I WANT TO PLAY THE UKE HELL YEAH!
But I don't know how to...... I don't know how to play the guitare either. But I do play violin (stoped for a few years though, should definitely start again... /random).
But my ukulele is kind of weird, not a regular hawaiian uke, it's more like a traditional tahitian uke.
Not sure about what I'm talking about? Take a look:

But I was thinking about buying a regular one. And I need some recs. Like, which kind, and if possible, not too expensive #wise#
BTW that picture is lovely #love3# It make wanna have one, a colored one.

that's so cool!
laura
Dr. Flighty

by unabridged0 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:44 pm

This is mine.
Like I said earlier, it's a Hilo soprano. It's a fairly cheap one ($40), but not so cheap that it sounds poopy. It does its job well, and I love it dearly. #heart#
unabridged0
Lost but happy at sea

by nonchalant obsession » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:35 pm

Yay!!! #woo# I have two ukes and love seeing everyone elses! I'll be back to share....I just had to express my happiness. ;D
nonchalant obsession
Lost but happy at sea

by laura » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:57 pm

Some good ukulele pages #aziz#

http://ukulelehunt.com/
really good site with email updates of new choons added as well as videos from other uke players.
uke hunt is an important resource for F.U.C.

http://www.ukulele.co.nz/
the official site of the WIUO #love3#

http://www.alligatorboogaloo.com/uke/
more songs with chords

http://www.chordie.com/
searchable by artist and you can even choose uke tuning and can get it to transpose the chords without you having to think #aziz# this is good for avoiding E chords >:(

http://www.get-tuned.com/ukulele_tuner.php
ukuleles are always out of tune so you can try and keep yours as in tune as possible here.

and not forgetting
http://www.youtube.com/user/PumpkinQuee ... 32YXssex1c

:P
laura
Dr. Flighty

by Chloue » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:33 pm

yay thanks for all the links!
I'll have to pay more attention to each one of them.
Chloue
I like to rock the party!

by unabridged0 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:16 pm

This post comes to you in 3 parts.

Part 1: Just trying to bump this thread up again because I think it's awesome. ;D

Part 2: ukulelehunt.com is one of my most favorite things ever.

Part 3: I've been thinking about starting a new youtube channel specifically so I can post videos of my uke covers, and I need help coming up with a username. Ideas?
unabridged0
Lost but happy at sea

by nonchalant obsession » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:43 pm

I LOVE ukulelehunt.com #thumbsup# I get heaps of music from chordie too.

I cannot feel the keys beneath my left hand as I type this because I've been playing so much...I'm really into Sophie Madeleine. I've learned about five of her songs. I think they have most of her stuff on ukulelehunt along with her videos.

Anyways...this is my uke. Van. Short for Vanuatu. Isn't he sandy and gorgeous? I can't keep my hands off of him. #love3# Van is a Lanikai concert. He actually caught the Vegas FotC gig with me. Van and I were both disappointed that we didn't end up in Bret's arms that night. #haha# #cry# #sadlove#

I also recently aquired a Fender tenor. He has a much deeper sound, and one steel string!

I love seeing everyone's ukuleles. I would love to know what your favorites songs to play as well. I've been playing for well over a year now and I STILL can't play the B with any consitency. The first string is always buzzy. >:(

Good luck on your videos, unabridged! #cheer#
nonchalant obsession
Lost but happy at sea

Next

Return to Working the Beat