Welcome Anonymous !

Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

Most Underrated FOTC Song?

Banter about the rhythm of the movement of the feel of the melody of the rhythm of the feeling of Bret and Jemaine's music. Here you will find the largest known collection of Conchords lyrics and chords.

by Amily » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:15 pm

onlyalways wrote:Cheer Up Murray for me off the top of my head.

It's also waaay up there on the favorite songs to sing along too. How fun is it to sing 'Gingerballs' like six times? :P

YES to all of this!!! [image] I've always loved 'Cheer Up Murray' so much! It's waaaay up there on my list of favourite songs to sing too. ;D I just belt that one out when it comes on. [image] [image]

I also really really enjoy Song for Sally. [image]

Same. [image] [image]

I also think 'Love Is a Weapon of Choice' is severely underrated... I didn't like it much at first but once I actually paid attention to the lyrics I was [image]

NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by emira » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:32 pm

[image] to Cheer up Murray. And that's one of the first songs I've learnt to play [image] .
emira
You can't break this heart...

by gezyka » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:38 pm

I think Song for Sally was the most underrated in my brain until we started working on the lyrics/chords stuff for this section. Guess I just never paid much attention to it before. [image] Now I looooove it. [image]
gezyka
You don't have to be a prostitute

by emira » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:29 pm

Amily wrote:
I also think 'Love Is a Weapon of Choice' is severely underrated... I didn't like it much at first but once I actually paid attention to the lyrics I was [image]

[image]
I was put off by the music a little bit but I've just read the lyrics and [image] [image] .

This is a really beautiful song!
emira
You can't break this heart...

by Venus » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:22 pm

Yes, Song for Sally is underrated! Love the lyrics! ;D
#heart# Image #heart#
Venus
The day time of the night

by Zara » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:55 am

Bus Driver's Song for me, still hurts watching the New Zealand Town episode knowing it should be there.

I love this version of Sally

I'd like to mention Rambling Through The Avenue's of Time too, the lyrics at the end make me feel so sad for Bret, "the other details were invention, because I prefer her that way"
Zara
Lost but happy at sea

by Amily » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:02 pm

I was just listening to some audio from one of the Oddball Fest gigs I attended last night and I had completely forgotten about them performing Sally. GOD, I remember losing my shit over it at the time. #lol# I'm working on being able to share that audio with you guys in the next little while. :)
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

Previous

Return to Working the Beat