Welcome Anonymous !

Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

didn't realize fotc songs could still surprise me!

Banter about the rhythm of the movement of the feel of the melody of the rhythm of the feeling of Bret and Jemaine's music. Here you will find the largest known collection of Conchords lyrics and chords.

by hellomyfriend » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:29 am

I'd love for them do a dead-on parody of "Purple Rain," but Prince would definitely definitely definitely sue their asses. :o

EVEN BETTER: A parody of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ULZuCK_fgo

... would be better. Maybe not for the guy-Flighties, but the gal-Flighties would be eternally (!) grateful. :P
hellomyfriend
Probing Planet Bret

by chrissycubana » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:21 pm

Trying to figure out the video(s) which may have inspired "Sally's Song" is quite frustrating for me, as I feel like I KNOW I've seen the vid they're pulling from, but can't drag it out of the quagmire that is my brain right now.

At any rate, it DOES remind me of some Hall and Oates vids, esp. this one. And, even if they didn't use this particular vid for inspiration, I think spreading H&O tunes around is like promoting world peace... or saving the whales... okay, maybe it's just about reveling in cheesy 80s pop.

enjoy :)

"If there's one thing I can't stand, it's plagiarism."

"Suddenly, playing with yourself is a scholarly pursuit."
chrissycubana
Caribbean Lady

by caiknbake » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:52 pm

sharona65 wrote:
caiknbake wrote:...i realized that led zep was always singing about lotr...

wait......"babe i'm gonna leave you" is about lotr?!?!?! wtf?!?!

no no, sorry to confuse. that particular song isn't about lotr, but led zeppelin did a bunch of songs about lotr, most notably "ramble on." check it out: http://www.geocities.com/athens/2406/

paranoidandroid wrote:I think I may be one of the few who knew the parody link to Led Zep hahaha!
Only because my friend and I were in the middle of writing a Led Zep/LOTR parody "Hyper Ballad" when, suddenly, we watched "The Actor" episode and heard "Frodo." Oh, we were a bit heartbroken because we thought we were being clever ::)

And "Song for Sally" I think is based on something else...but I can't remember the name or artist. I remember channel surfing late one night and stumbled on one of those informercials on music compilation. They played a video SHOT EXACTLY like the sequence in the show, but I can't remember any important information on it :(

I would laugh my ass off if they did a Parody of "Safety Dance." Indeed, I would.

i'm so glad you remember a video exactly like song for sally, roxy! that makes me even more confident that i'm not just making up the memory of the song that i think it's a parody of. and yis, fotc parody of safety dance would be MADE OF WIN.

speaking of made of win, i want to hear your led zep parody! just 'cause fotc already did it doesn't mean you shouldn't. so let's hear it!
ImageImage
caiknbake
PANTIES ON

by rhymenocerous » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:43 pm

caiknbake wrote:
I would laugh my ass off if they did a Parody of "Safety Dance." Indeed, I would.

I agree!!! Safety Dance parody would rock my business socks :D
rhymenocerous

by sally » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:56 pm

And then there's this one, which has been pretty evident since day one, at least to me. I think it's been mentioned before though.

Even though I knew about Led Zep's LOTR references, I never made the connection. Awesome.

I vote for a parody of the theme song to The Jeffersons or Turning Japanese by the Vapours
*~I don't think that's right, but I don't know enough about stars to dispute it.~*
sally
Bowie's in space

by sharona65 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:03 pm

sally wrote:I vote for a parody of the theme song to...Turning Japanese by the Vapours

oh my! the connotations one could make from that! :D
sharona65

by thedistantfuture » Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:11 am

Since we're talking about song comparisons...me in all my Beck obsessing glory obviously has to post this (It's already been said that they parodied this song,it's not just me thinking it it,it's a fact :P):

thedistantfuture

by Amily » Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:27 am

I agree if they did a parody of Safety Dance it would be teh winningest. I would seriously die from happiness. I <3 Men Without Hats. :D
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by chrissycubana » Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:35 pm

how 'bout a little prince in here, for good measure? ;) (i figure this song could be the inspiration for both beck and fotc's take on beautiful women)

http://www.bebo.com/FlashBox.jsp?FlashBoxId=4217948516

chrissycubana
Caribbean Lady

by duttle » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:43 pm

I'm actually pretty surprised no one has mentioned being reminded of "Don't Follow" by Alice in Chains when hearing the finger picking on "A Kiss is Not a Contract"

duttle
Lost but happy at sea

by sharona65 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:25 pm

oh holy shiz, dutz! i can't believe i didn't pick up on that one sooner! thanks for pointing it out! :D
sharona65

by chrissycubana » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:14 pm

this JUST came on the radio and my first thought was "BUS DRIVER SONG"!!!!

I dunno - what do y'all think?

"Alice's Restaurant" by Arlo Guthrie

warning: it is 18 minutes long!!! yep, you heard me. 18. minutes. :P

chrissycubana
Caribbean Lady

by step0nmi » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:50 pm

Arlo Guthrie/Alice's Restaurant

in reference to Bus Driver song...

possibly! :)
step0nmi

by thedistantfuture » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:18 pm

step0nmi wrote:Arlo Guthrie/Alice's Restaurant

in reference to Bus Driver song...

possibly! :)

Yeah! Maybe! I love that song :-*
thedistantfuture

by chloe » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:48 pm

Hehe. . I'd love to see a scene where the guys get a request to play Danger Zone and Bret starts in, but Jemaine just stares at him confused and not knowing what to do 'cause he's never seen Top Gun. XD
chloe
The Unf! Fairy

PreviousNext

Return to Working the Beat