FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

Legion

This is a nice situation...

by Amily » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:43 am

‘Legion’ Adds Jemaine Clement To FX Marvel Series – NY Comic-Con
by Dominic Patten
October 9, 2016 10:36am

In a panel that included a screening of the first half of the Legion pilot, Hawley also revealed on Sunday via Twitter from the stage that Jemaine Clement will be joining the first season of the show. While no details were given about the role the Flight of the Conchords co-star will play, I’ve learned it is a multi-episode arc for the actor. No premiere date was announced today but Legion is set to debut in 2017 on FX.

source

:o #excited# :o #excited# :o
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by Amily » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:12 pm

No Jemaine yet of course but thought I'd check out the trailer anyway.

NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by Amily » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:01 pm

“Legion,” the highly-anticipated new series from “Fargo” creator Noah Hawley, will premiere on FX on Wednesday, Feb. 8. The latest Marvel-based TV venture centers around mutant David Haller (Dan Stevens), a troubled young man who was diagnosed as schizophrenic as a child, institutionalized in his early 30s. FX also released a new trailer that lays out the story a little more clearly than other teasers.

Still no Jemaine. #thumbsdown#

I don't usually get into any of the Marvel or superhero stuff but this looks like it could be really good. :)
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by Amily » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:56 pm

Jean Smart plays Melanie, a woman who takes David in and seems to have the means to help him. Smart said that Melanie’s estranged husband (Jemaine Clement) will return after 20 years of living in an astral plane. X-Men franchise producer Lauren Shuler Donner said Legion was a chance to use characters the films were not using.

source

“Jemaine Clement plays my husband,” explained Smart. “He’s been living on an astral plane, so it’s a hard rendezvous.”

source

Also, Courtney and I have been wondering if this could be Jemaine in this promo... #shrug#

NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by onlyalways » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:10 pm

That HAS to be him...

We must be good at guitar... we're not that good.

tumblr | twitter
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

by Amily » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:28 am

source

I... I don't know what to say...

Still no word about who his character is though. 8-)
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by Niamara » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:56 pm

My jaw hit the floor. He's too beautiful ^_^
I read that his character is the the husband of Melanie Bird (Jean Smart).
http://www.tvguide.com/news/legion-wont ... en-tca-fx/
Niamara
Lost but happy at sea

by Amily » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:58 pm

Niamara wrote:I read that his character is the the husband of Melanie Bird (Jean Smart).
http://www.tvguide.com/news/legion-wont ... en-tca-fx/

Yes, I read that too! Just wondering what's the name of the character so I can read some Marvel history on him. I just can't wait until it airs. Want to know more now. #haha#
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by Amily » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:59 pm

Promo with the man in the trees. (believed to be Jemaine's character because it's the only promo that he's retweeted from @LegionFX)

ETA:

With its stellar cast — featuring Bill Irwin and Jeremie Harris, who work to help David at Melanie's hidden compound; Katie Aselton as his beloved sister Amy; and the future emergence of Jemaine Clement as Melanie's husband Oliver Bird — Legion has a lot of gifted people around to bring life to Hawley's vision.

source

:)
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by Niamara » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:06 pm

Hey guys, I just listened to a short podcast called FlicksCast. Jemaine briefly mentions that his character is a scientist and a mutant (he thinks, lol. He said he wasn't given all the info). Also he laughs a lot in this, which absolutely melts my heart.

https://soundcloud.com/flicks-nz/a-chat ... es-of-maui

#love3#
Niamara
Lost but happy at sea

by onlyalways » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:07 pm

Niamara wrote:Hey guys, I just listened to a short podcast called FlicksCast. Jemaine briefly mentions that his character is a scientist and a mutant (he thinks, lol. He said he wasn't given all the info). Also he laughs a lot in this, which absolutely melts my heart.

https://soundcloud.com/flicks-nz/a-chat ... es-of-maui

#love3#

Ooh thanks for posting I'm going to listen while catching up!

We must be good at guitar... we're not that good.

tumblr | twitter
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

by Amily » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:24 pm

Amily wrote:No Jemaine yet of course but thought I'd check out the trailer anyway.

GUYS, I decided to go back and watch all the trailers that are on youtube now that we know who Jemaine is.... check out this video at about 1:04 and tell me what you see! #lol# #love3#
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by Niamara » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:45 pm

Amily wrote:
Amily wrote:No Jemaine yet of course but thought I'd check out the trailer anyway.

GUYS, I decided to go back and watch all the trailers that are on youtube now that we know who Jemaine is.... check out this video at about 1:04 and tell me what you see! #lol# #love3#

That head bob looks familiar... #lol# I can't wait for this to premiere.
Niamara
Lost but happy at sea

by Amily » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:07 pm

Of course I had to...

NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by Amily » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:45 pm

Legion: Jean Smart drawn to new Marvel show's X-Factor

"I knew it would turn into something interesting," she says

But quite who or what Smart's Melanie Bird character is remains to be seen.

"(Noah's) sort of described me as a rescuer and that's what sort of interested me the most. That's why she and her husband set up this place to try and find these young Mutants and help and protect them."

The husband in question is played by Kiwi actor and Flight Of The Conchords founder Jemaine Clement.

He was suggested for the role by Hawley with Smart saying, "I was so thrilled when he was cast. I've always been a big fan of his and I thought he was perfect casting as he was almost like an absent-minded professor.

"He was just a delight to work with. I really hope he and I have more together because that was definitely my favourite part of the show, my stuff with him and about him. Everybody on the show is a joker so he fitted right in."

And Smart, who got her big break as the sweet-but-ditzy Charlene Frazier in the '80s sitcom Designing Women, admits to being slightly jealous of her Kiwi co-star, claiming he got to do "the fun stuff".

"Jemaine got to do like special effects and everybody else is singing and dancing and I'm sort of boring," she claims, going on to express a wish that at some stage she will be given a Mutant superpower.

#excited2#
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

Next

Return to Jemaine Clement