Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

I'm just freestylin'

This is a nice situation...

by Amily » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:19 pm

I thought we could also use a thread for random Jemaine'ness when I saw this...

RUMOUR ALERT!

'Men in Black 3' Casting to Begin Soon, Names Being Thrown in the Ship
Monday, March 8, 2010

By: MrDisgusting

Columbia Pictures is officially having conversations regarding their third entry in the Men in Black franchise as we're being told by industry insiders that in addition to Jonah Hex cowboy Josh Brolin likely (still unconfirmed) to star, they've shown strong interest in both Sacha Baron Cohen (Sweeney Todd, Bruno) and Jemaine Clement ("The Flight of the Conchords") for a character named "Yaz" (a new agent?). Neither are locked, this should be taken strictly as rumor for now. Etan Cohen (Tropic Thunder, Igor, Idiocracy) wrote the screenplay. Shooting was originally rumored to begin this spring. The 1997 Men in Black grossed nearly $600m worldwide, while its 2002 sequel took in $440m. Why so long for another sequel? Who knows!

[image]

Source: http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/19388?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+bloody-disgusting+%28Bloody+Disgusting+Horror+News%29

I don't even know what to say. [image]
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by gezyka » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:26 pm

they've shown strong interest in both Sacha Baron Cohen (Sweeney Todd, Bruno) and Jemaine Clement ("The Flight of the Conchords") for [size=150]a character named "Yaz" (a new agent?). [/size]

[image]

Just sayin'. :P
gezyka
You don't have to be a prostitute

by Katie » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:27 pm

Amily wrote:

Just say no, Jemaine! :-X

Also... "Yaz"? That's the name of the birth control I used to take. [image]

ADD:
gezyka wrote:
they've shown strong interest in both Sacha Baron Cohen (Sweeney Todd, Bruno) and Jemaine Clement ("The Flight of the Conchords") for [size=150]a character named "Yaz" (a new agent?). [/size]

[image]

Just sayin'. :P

BAHAHAHAHA! [image]
Katie
Totally Fine

by chrissycubana » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:31 pm

um...

yeah. not too thrilled about this idea. it doesn't seem the type of thing jemaine would do, though.

not much independent spirit in the MIB franchise [image]

"If there's one thing I can't stand, it's plagiarism."

"Suddenly, playing with yourself is a scholarly pursuit."
chrissycubana
Caribbean Lady

by Katie » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:34 pm

chrissycubana wrote:um...

yeah. not too thrilled about this idea. it doesn't seem the type of thing jemaine would do, though.

I've never seen a seizure warning on a video before!

I got scared and turned it off after 10 seconds. [image]
Katie
Totally Fine

by Amily » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:54 pm

chrissycubana wrote:yeah. not too thrilled about this idea. it doesn't seem the type of thing jemaine would do, though.

I agree with Chrissy. [image] [image]

ADD:

Katie wrote:
Amily wrote:

Just say no, Jemaine! :-X

And Katie! [image] [image]

I wanna spam Columbia Pictures and tell them to leave him alone! :P
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by hellomyfriend » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:00 am

"Idiocracy" was a pretty good movie ... but yeah ... no. [image]
hellomyfriend
Probing Planet Bret

by gezyka » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:17 am

they've shown strong interest in both Sacha Baron Cohen (Sweeney Todd, Bruno) and Jemaine Clement ("The Flight of the Conchords") for a character named "Yaz" (a new agent?).

from a snippet that links to the above (from what Ami posted):

Russell Brand and Jemaine Clement ("The Flight of the Conchords") are said to be fighting for the role of 'Yaz' in "Men in Black III".

Source

[image]
gezyka
You don't have to be a prostitute

by onlyalways » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:12 am

I'm not feeling this either. Why did they take so long for a sequel Threequel? Because Hollywood loves the moneys and they are coming short on original ideas.

Just the concept alone seems like a hunk of fail. :-/ (But will probably do well...)

Russell Brand and Jemaine Clement ("The Flight of the Conchords") are said to be fighting for the role of 'Yaz' in "Men in Black III".

Its not helping that I hate Russell Brand. Throw the project at him please and just ~never look back~.

BUT... I would totally pay the ticket price to see Jemaine in a suit for two hours. Lord knows I'll see whatever he's in. :P

We must be good at guitar... we're not that good.

tumblr | twitter
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

by Katie » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:42 am

onlyalways wrote:
Its not helping that I hate Russell Brand. Throw the project at him please and just ~never look back~.

[image]
I'm going to pretend you never said that.

Just jokes! To each her own, betch. [image] [image]

Actually, I do agree with you. Russell should definitely take the role, because although I love him, I don't care if he stars in questionable movies. [image]
Katie
Totally Fine

by emira » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:00 am

onlyalways wrote:I'm not feeling this either. Why did they take so long for a sequel Threequel? Because Hollywood loves the moneys and they are coming short on original ideas.

Just the concept alone seems like a hunk of fail. :-/ (But will probably do well...)

BUT... I would totally pay the ticket price to see Jemaine in a suit for two hours. Lord knows I'll see whatever he's in. :P

[image]

I'm ready to cheer him on whatever project he's into but I'd love to see him rather realizing projects that he's got with Taika. I wouldn't want him to be sidetracked and sucked by "Hollywood monster". You know, stay true to yourself... [image]

But ... yeah... if you feel like doing this, Jemaine, then I'm sure you'll give this shii your unique flavour [image] .
emira
You can't break this heart...

by onlyalways » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:11 am

Katie wrote:
onlyalways wrote:

[image]

[image]

Oh I could do this alllll day. ;D [image]

Actually, I do agree with you. Russell should definitely take the role, because although I love him, I don't care if he stars in questionable movies. [image]

Yea. I usually don't care if someone I like/love star in questionable movies, because it happens too often. :P I might be all, "Aw, really?!" That's the business for a lot of them.

I just want to see Jemaine do what he wants to do. I might be against it now, but lets face it: I'll go see it when the time comes. [image]

Ok, I need to remind myself that this is a rumor. :P

We must be good at guitar... we're not that good.

tumblr | twitter
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

by Katie » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:15 am

onlyalways wrote:
Yea. I usually don't care if someone I like/love star in questionable movies, because it happens too often. :P I might be all, "Aw, really?!" That's the business for a lot of them.

I just want to see Jemaine do what he wants to do. I might be against it now, but lets face it: I'll go see it when the time comes. [image]

Well said. [image]

[image] Same!
Katie
Totally Fine

by chrissycubana » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:38 am

[image]

[image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image]

*dry humps stephen colbert's leg*

we'll just have to see what comes of this rumo(u)r. in hollywood, they're about as common as silicone implants + botox injections, so i'm not holding my breath.

i would also go see anything that jemaine became involved in because i know, no matter how crappy the script (and he's unlikely to involve himself in a project unless there's SOME kind of worthwhile writing involved) he'll still wow the audience. i have confidence in his performances, just not the typically vapid hollywood industry.

i'm totally excited to share jemaine randomness in this thread, by the way...

i'm just waiting for the random goodness to happen! :D

"If there's one thing I can't stand, it's plagiarism."

"Suddenly, playing with yourself is a scholarly pursuit."
chrissycubana
Caribbean Lady

by Amily » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:19 pm

onlyalways wrote:BUT... I would totally pay the ticket price to see Jemaine in a suit for two hours. Lord knows I'll see whatever he's in. :P

emira wrote:I'm ready to cheer him on whatever project he's into ...

onlyalways wrote:I just want to see Jemaine do what he wants to do. I might be against it now, but lets face it: I'll go see it when the time comes. [image]

ALL of this! [image]
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

Next

Return to Jemaine Clement