Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

Bret writing fanatasy film for Warner Brothers

Talk about the BOOM King here.

by Amily » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:29 pm

I think there was already a small mention of this on the board somewhere but here's the exclusive! #haha# #excited2#

BRET MCKENZIE OF FLIGHT OF THE CONCHORDS WRITING FANTASY FILM FOR WARNER BROS. (EXCLUSIVE)

Known for being one-half of the music duo Flight of the Conchords, Bret McKenzie has broken into film as a triple-threat of acting, music, and writing. His newest project, a fantasy film for Warner Bros. Pictures titled MOONLAND, taps him as the screenwriter and reunites him with The Muppets director James Bobin.

The film follows a young, 11 year-old girl who winds up in a magical world via a homemade flying bike. She immediately gets wrapped up in an exciting adventure when she’s wrongfully imprisoned and escapes to go on a mission with a knight to rescue a princess. While this may sound like the same story that’s been told time and time again, with the unique humor of McKenzie and Bobin behind it, it’s bound to be an original take.

Back in 2013, McKenzie revealed to Collider that he was working on a fairy tale musical comedy with Bobin that had elements pulled from the likes of Labyrinth and The Princess Bride. At the time, the project didn’t have a title, but it could very well be that it now does and these two projects are one and the same.

Bobin is also set to produce the film, with Jesse Ehrman and Jon Gonda of Warner Bros. overseeing the film for the studio.

source
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by blondesnotbombs » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:55 pm

Amily wrote:I think there was already a small mention of this on the board somewhere but here's the exclusive! #haha# #excited2#

Back in 2013, McKenzie revealed to Collider that he was working on a fairy tale musical comedy with Bobin that had elements pulled from the likes of Labyrinth and The Princess Bride. At the time, the project didn’t have a title, but it could very well be that it now does and these two projects are one and the same.

Here is the old thread about that project. If this is the same project (and it definitely sounds like it could be), then I'm thrilled to see an update about it! #excited2# #excited2# #excited2# THEY HAVE A HOME AND A TITLE!!! #excited2# #excited2# #excited2# It sounds wonderful and Bret & James make an excellent team.

I wonder if we'll ever get an update on the animated series he was doing for FOX? #pray#
blondesnotbombs
Your leaves are making me horny

by Amily » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:06 pm

I forgot there was a whole thread for that! That was during my bad fan phase. 8-)

I'm quite tempted to merge the threads right now. How can they not be the same project? #lol#
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by emira » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:03 pm

This was my reply in the old thread,

emira wrote:Imagine how impossibly awesome it would be, if the real Bowie made a cameo in it! #haha#

I guess we'll have to wait a loooong time before we see it finished. #sadlove# #excited2#

Now we don't have to imagine how impossible it is now to see Bowie make a cameo.

We've been waiting 3 years already.
emira
You can't break this heart...

by blondesnotbombs » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:48 pm

I know, I saw your comment earlier and it was like a bucket of ice water. #sadlove#
blondesnotbombs
Your leaves are making me horny

by onlyalways » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:16 pm

blondesnotbombs wrote:I know, I saw your comment earlier and it was like a bucket of ice water. #sadlove#

#sadlove# #sadlove#

Amily wrote:I'm quite tempted to merge the threads right now. How can they not be the same project? #lol#

I went into the old thread; and if you look at the subject lines, the topic actually started in the Random Bretness thread. So it went from random, to semi-official, to exclusive! official thread. #haha# By the time this is made it will have been about four years. It will finally graduate into existence.

We must be good at guitar... we're not that good.

tumblr | twitter
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

by Zabel » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:23 pm

Cool!!! Does Bret prefer off-screen stuff over acting?
Zabel
I'm not crying

Return to Bret McKenzie