Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

The Hobbit

Talk about the BOOM King here.

by blondesnotbombs » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:24 pm

I ran to Target a little while ago and was flipping through this book while the kid was looking at the games. There's a nice little drawing of Bret as Lindir and a blurb about him. I was happy that he was included. ;D
blondesnotbombs
Your leaves are making me horny

by onlyalways » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:30 pm

blondesnotbombs wrote:Cut for an observation on tumblr fans:
Spoiler: show
I find it hilarious that people are like, "OMGGGGG, we have to wait for Sherlock and we have to wait for The Hobbit and how are we going to surviiiiive?! *emotional gif explosion*

I give less than a shit about ever seeing either of them, the only thing I'm ridiculously excited for is The World's End.

I love the first season of Sherlock, but I'm not anticipating the third season either. And The Hobbit was just OK for me. Not to mention I haven't watched any of the new season of Doctor Who. Nowadays I sometimes feel out of place when it comes to tumblr since I'm not into or no longer into SO much that gets blogged about.

UGH The World's End, I keep forgetting we're getting another Wright/Pegg/Frost movie collaboration. Now that I'm not in the mood to wait for. #excited2#

blondesnotbombs wrote:
I also started mentally singing, "it's a lovely day in Rivendell" during the appropriate section of the movie. #haha# And it was definitely appropriate since that section of the movie was gorgeous. #loveeyes#

I want to liiiiiive there. #fit# The way the waterfalls flow so perfectly through the structures... #loveeyes# Having Lindir there all the time wouldn't be bad either. In a perfect world Kili would live there too.

We must be good at guitar... we're not that good.

tumblr | twitter
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

by chrissycubana » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:47 pm

I <3 Sir Ian.

Blog 10 May 2011: "The Hobbit, two elves, and another wizard"

Martin Freeman has left The Hobbit.

This is not another April Fool, just a May Fact. Before signing as Bilbo, Martin had agreed to make three 90-minute TV films in London, again playing Dr Watson to Benedict Cumberbatch's Sherlock Holmes. No worries: he'll be back in Middle Earth after our first hiatus, during which Peter Jackson will have spare time to edit the scenes already completed. The rest of the cast remains on duty for another few weeks, working on hobbit-less sections of the film. These involve dwarves of course but also elves, with Hugo Weaving back for a stretch as Lord Elrond.

Hugo was recently onstage as Astrov in Chekov's Uncle Vanya for the Sydney Theatre Company, whose director, Cate Blanchett, played Yelena. Before she returns as Galadriel, they will reprise their production at Washington DC's Kennedy Center in August. I shall miss the revival, because of my own play, Eduardo De Filippo's The Syndicate at Chichester Festival Theatre and a short UK tour.

Another slim-line elf returning from LOTR, is a local: New Zealand's actor/comedian/singer Bret McKenzie. Last time, he was an extra at Rivendell, the elven Last Homely House in the East. Under a tree at the Council of Elrond, he silently witnessed the forming of the Fellowship. Wordless maybe but not unnoticed by fans of the beautiful, who gave him the acronym F.I.G.W.I.T. ("Frodo Is Great! Who Is That?") I confess Gandalf didn't take much notice, distracted by the main action that involved all the main characters.

I only joined Bret's fan-base, when he joined up with Jermaine Clement in their hilarious tv series Flight of the Conchords. Now he is briefly back in Rivendell as a senior official at Elrond's Court and he has a name "Lindir", which means "singer". Tolkien has plenty of songs in The Hobbit but the script doesn't indicate that Lindir will be singing any of them. If, as he promises, Bret makes a Conchord feature film ere long, I shall angle for a non-speaking part as BIGWIT. ("Bret Is..." etc.)

And there's another wizard in town, preparing to make his appearance as Radagast the Brown, the eccentric friend of Gandalf's, played by Sylvester McCoy who was last in Wellington in 2007, King Lear's Fool in the Royal Shakespeare production in which I was his nuncle, now Sylvester's nick-name for me. This week he has been trying out his make-up and costume. At the prospect of our scenes together, Nuncle couldn't be happier.

- Ian McKellen, Wellington, 10 May 2011. "

http://www.mckellan.com/cinema/hobbit-movie/110510.htm

"If there's one thing I can't stand, it's plagiarism."

"Suddenly, playing with yourself is a scholarly pursuit."
chrissycubana
Caribbean Lady

by emira » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:24 am

Should we forgive Sir Ian misspelling Jemaine's name?
emira
You can't break this heart...

by emira » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:06 am

found on tumblr

"Tolkien, unoriginal stupid idiot" #rofl# #rofl# #rofl# #rofl# #rofl# #rofl# #rofl# #rofl# #rofl# #rofl# I think this person should rather call this way Rowling. #thumbsup#
emira

by emira » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:04 am

emira

by emira » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:42 am

I liked the film, but some scenes did bore me. I'm not sure if Jackson did the right thing adding more background stories to the original story of The Hobbit. At the moment there are too many loose ends an we need to wait to see if and how he'll tie them all.

In general, I felt it was a part of LOTR, but references and repeated ideas were 8-) and #thumbsdown#.

btw, don't you think the pale orc looked like Navi from Avatar?

blondesnotbombs wrote:Cut for an observation on tumblr fans:
I find it hilarious that people are like, "OMGGGGG, we have to wait for Sherlock and we have to wait for The Hobbit and how are we going to surviiiiive?! *emotional gif explosion*

AND John and Sherlock will be in the Hobbit #wah#

#lol#
emira

by onlyalways » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:29 am

emira wrote:I liked the film, but some scenes did bore me. I'm not sure if Jackson did the right thing adding more background stories to the original story of The Hobbit. At the moment there are too many loose ends an we need to wait to see if and how he'll tie them all.

This is my friend's major problem with The Hobbit. Now I wish the movie was just the original two parts, it could have consolidated the story more so Jackson wouldn't have to add background that wasn't in the books. Plus we wouldn't have been as bored, maybe. :P

I think I'm the only person ever who still hasn't seen Cameron's Avatar, but I know who you're talking about. From my understanding that orc was played by Manu Bennett, which is such a shame 'cause he's got a pretty face. #haha#

tumblr | twitter
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

by emira » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:34 am

onlyalways wrote:

I think I'm the only person ever who still hasn't seen Cameron's Avatar, but I know who you're talking about.

I meant the whole tribe living on Pandora. :)

From my understanding that orc was played by Manu Bennett, which is such a shame 'cause he's got a pretty face. #haha#

Not only his face is pretty. #drool#
emira

by onlyalways » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:05 pm

emira wrote:
onlyalways wrote:

I think I'm the only person ever who still hasn't seen Cameron's Avatar, but I know who you're talking about.

I meant the whole tribe living on Pandora. :)

I was thinking of just the main female character! #lol# Navi sounds like a feminine name, ok?! #lol# #lol#

Anyway, back to The Hobbit...

I love/hate how both the cast of The Hobbit and LOTR look like they have so much fun on the set and after. #love3#

tumblr | twitter
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

by emira » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:58 pm

onlyalways wrote:I was thinking of just the main female character! #lol# Navi sounds like a feminine name, ok?! #lol# #lol#

#rofl# #therethere# Don't worry, I watched "Inception" first time two days ago just to see one of my ex-customers in it. #evilgrin#

Thorin: *giggle, giggle*

#love3#

I love/hate how both the cast of The Hobbit and LOTR look like they have so much fun on the set and after. #love3#

I love this part of video blog #9 where at the end of it Peter Jackson says that people are disciplined, focused on their work two days before the premiere http://youtu.be/4vqyzHwnEiY?t=13m20s

#lol#
emira

by onlyalways » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:31 pm

emira wrote:Don't worry, I watched "Inception" first time two days ago just to see one of my ex-customers in it. #evilgrin#

#lol# #lol# #lol#

May I suggest The Dark Knight Rises as well? I don't know if you'll be able to see him the same way after. Also be aware Christopher Nolan recycles like 80% of the same cast as Inception.

I love this part of video blog #9 where at the end of it Peter Jackson says that people are disciplined, focused on their work two days before the premiere http://youtu.be/4vqyzHwnEiY?t=13m20s

#lol#

Good to know Peter Jackson isn't oblivious to this.

tumblr | twitter
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

by emira » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:35 am

onlyalways wrote:
emira wrote:Don't worry, I watched "Inception" first time two days ago just to see one of my ex-customers in it. #evilgrin#

#lol# #lol# #lol#

May I suggest The Dark Knight Rises as well? I don't know if you'll be able to see him the same way after. Also be aware Christopher Nolan recycles like 80% of the same cast as Inception.

I don't mind either of those things. ;D
emira

by emira » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:13 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKlJ_xB8hLQ[/youtube]

#loveeyes# I MUST go back and visit Hobbiton properly!
emira

by squidhat » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:29 pm

emira wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKlJ_xB8hLQ[/youtube]

#loveeyes# I MUST go back and visit Hobbiton properly!

i actually cried a little watching that #lol#
squidhat
I like to rock the party!

PreviousNext

Return to Bret McKenzie