User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

The Hobbit

Talk about the BOOM King here.

by emira » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:49 pm

blondesnotbombs wrote:
emira wrote:(I've got a plane to catch tomorrow, so I'm not going to stay up late to watch it #thumbsdown# )

#fingerwave#

#shy#

I should be there and watch it live and not online #fit#
emira
You can't break this heart...

by blondesnotbombs » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:04 pm

Red Carpet show just started! I didn't know that Liam Finn was going to be playing with Neil Finn. :) Nice surprise.

EDIT: Sam & Luke from The Phoenix Foundation have joined them for "Better Be Home Soon"! #excited2# #cry#
EDIT #2: I didn't see Bret on the red carpet at all. #thumbsdown#
blondesnotbombs
Your leaves are making me horny

by emira » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:28 am

blondesnotbombs wrote:EDIT: Sam & Luke from The Phoenix Foundation have joined them for "Better Be Home Soon"! #excited2# #cry#

+ Tom. I saw them! #excited# #cloud9# and Will was playing with Neil all the time! #excited2#

EDIT: And they were the choir in "Song of the Lonely Mountain"! :o I hope they're on the original track #pray#

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJwyW9ngLNg[/youtube]

It sounds like they are #wah#

EDIT #2: I didn't see Bret on the red carpet at all. #thumbsdown#

Do you think he's already arrived?

I need to shut my laptop down and start my own journey. :'(
emira

by Amily » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:12 am

I went and saw a movie that shall not be named last week and they previewed The Hobbit before hand which was a nice surprise. I was squeeing in my seat and was more excited for that than the actual movie I paid to see that night. #lol# It looked so GORGEOUS on the big screen. I can't wait!! #excited2#

Also, Aidan Turner is pretty much the hottest dwarf I've ever seen. #loveeyes# #drool#
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by emira » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:50 pm

Amily wrote:I was squeeing in my seat and was more excited for that than the actual movie I paid to see that night. #lol# It looked so GORGEOUS on the big screen. I can't wait!! #excited2#

I don't know if I can handle watching this film without crying over the scenery #love3# #cry# #love3#

Also, Aidan Turner is pretty much the hottest dwarf I've ever seen. #loveeyes# #drool#

All the Dwarfs have either prosthetics or a lot of hair, but he got just a wig and that's it! It's a crime on our weak hearts! #ded#
Sir Peter #shakefist#

I also love James Nesbitt for what he's saying about Wellington and New Zealand in general. #cloud9#
emira

by emira » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:27 pm

You can spot Bret in this 20 min Behind The Scenes clip. He's from 12:25 to 12:50 speaking elvish a little bit. It's so funny to see him not only clean shaved but with long straight hair! #lol#
emira

by blondesnotbombs » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:24 pm

I should not click that link. #fingerwave# I am supposed to be doing important things like a responsible adult.

*clicks link* #shy#
blondesnotbombs

by emira » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:45 am

blondesnotbombs wrote:
*clicks link* #shy#

#therethere# It's only few seconds, so you're justified. ;)
emira

by onlyalways » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:29 am

blondesnotbombs wrote:I am supposed to be doing important things like a responsible adult.

I don't understand these words.

We must be good at guitar... we're not that good.

tumblr | twitter
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

by emira » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:56 pm

London premiere yesterday

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8-zIAKv3V0[/youtube]

And guess where I was yesterday evening? On the other side of the Themes, on Southbank, having a hot chocolate with my sister not being aware of who is on Leicester Square. Only two things comfort me: a) it was freaking cold and I'm not sure how long I'd have to stand to see anything, b) there were already crowds of people before I'd get there.

I don't know why I hadn't checked when the event is. Oh, well... next year.
emira

by onlyalways » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:37 pm

emira wrote:Oh, well... next year.

And the year after. #thumbsup# #hug#

tumblr | twitter
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

by emira » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:15 pm

I've just came back from seeing The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. #excited#

My beautiful New Zealand. #cloud9#
Every scene with Martin is amazing. #love3#
And OMG, Bret in Rivendell! #wah# So pretty, so close. #loveeyes# I didn't expect to see him when I saw him. #lol# #excited#

I'd write more, but I'm waiting till more of you see the film. If you already have, what do you think of it? Yay or nay?
emira

by blondesnotbombs » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:37 pm

Spoiler: show
I knew it was Bret before they even showed his face. #haha# #shy# I was grinning like a complete loon. Also at the very first shot of Martin. #love3# And Lee Pace on a moose. /sentence I never expected to type

EDIT: Almost forgot! During one of the battle scenes at the end of the movie one of the dwarves yelled "There's too many of them!" or something similar. It gave me the giggles because I immediately heard: We'll never make it. There's thousands of them and only nine of us. // Oh no. // We made it. // Oh, hooray! #rofl#
blondesnotbombs

by onlyalways » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:50 am

emira wrote:Yay or nay?

Overall, nay. It was enjoyable but it got too long for me. It probably didn't help that I went to the midnight showing though. #haha# I got home at like 4am. I'll never learn.

I'll definitely be seeing the sequels of course, but I'm ok with it being a while before the next one comes out. :P

New Zealand. #love3#

blondesnotbombs wrote:
I knew it was Bret before they even showed his face. #haha# #shy#

#dance# #dance#

blondesnotbombs wrote:
EDIT: Almost forgot! During one of the battle scenes at the end of the movie one of the dwarves yelled "There's too many of them!" or something similar. It gave me the giggles because I immediately heard: We'll never make it. There's thousands of them and only nine of us. // Oh no. // We made it. // Oh, hooray! #rofl#

#rofl#

A friend and I started to get the giggles toward the end of the movie cause we were getting so damn antsy. When two of the dwarves fell off the tree and landed on an eagle I choked down my church giggles and whispered to her: "I'm alright... I was saved by a giant eeeaaaaggllleee!"

tumblr | twitter
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

by blondesnotbombs » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:55 pm

onlyalways wrote:
emira wrote:Yay or nay?

Overall, nay. It was enjoyable but it got too long for me. It probably didn't help that I went to the midnight showing though. #haha# I got home at like 4am. I'll never learn.

I'll definitely be seeing the sequels of course, but I'm ok with it being a while before the next one comes out. :P

Agreed, but I loathe Tolkien so I expected to feel that way. I'm far more excited about the DVD release (pretty screencaps and watching the three bits of the movie that I really did enjoy) than I am about slogging through another three hour movie. Image

Cut for an observation on tumblr fans:
I find it hilarious that people are like, "OMGGGGG, we have to wait for Sherlock and we have to wait for The Hobbit and how are we going to surviiiiive?! *emotional gif explosion*

I give less than a shit about ever seeing either of them, the only thing I'm ridiculously excited for is The World's End.

onlyalways wrote:
#rofl#

A friend and I started to get the giggles toward the end of the movie cause we were getting so damn antsy. When two of the dwarves fell off the tree and landed on an eagle I choked down my church giggles and whispered to her: "I'm alright... I was saved by a giant eeeaaaaggllleee!"

#lol# I knew that moment was coming, otherwise I would've died laughing. Well, I didn't know that exact moment was coming, but I did know the eagles were going to make an appearance and save the day.

I also started mentally singing, "it's a lovely day in Rivendell" during the appropriate section of the movie. #haha# And it was definitely appropriate since that section of the movie was gorgeous. #loveeyes#
blondesnotbombs

PreviousNext

Return to Bret McKenzie