Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

The Muppets

Talk about the BOOM King here.

by emira » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:29 pm

First Image from THE GREATEST MUPPET MOVIE EVER MADE in High-Resolution

by Matt Goldberg

Earlier this week, we brought you’re a low-resolution scan from Entertainment Weekly that provided the first look at Jason Segel and the Muppets in the tentatively-titled The Greatest Muppet Movie Ever Made. We now have an updated and high-resolution version of that image. The new image includes director James Bobin (Flight of the Conchords), co-writer Nick Stoller, and musician/actor Bret McKenzie.

Hit the jump to check out an image of Muppet mayhem. The film, which will also star Jack Black, Donald Glover, Jane Lynch, Danny Trejo, Eric Stonestreet, John Krasinski, Ed Helms, Lady Gaga, and Paul Rudd, is set to open on December 25, 2011.

Click on the image to see it in high-resolution.

Here’s the official caption for the image from Disney:

DISNEY THE MUPPETS – FORGETTING MISS PIGGY? FUHGEDDABOUDIT! – There better not be creative differences when Miss Piggy is around. Just ask the team behind the new Disney Muppet movie, Jason Segel, James Bobin, Nick Stoller and Bret McKenzie joined here by Kermit the Frog, his new co-star Walter and the usual suspects at their first table read.

source

Finally some official confirmation #excited# #cheer# #excited# #cheer# #excited# #cheer# #excited#

Bretty, I missed you #bret# #blowkiss# #blowkiss# #blowkiss#
emira
You can't break this heart...

by theMrs. » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:06 pm

OHMYGOD. AND I THOUGHT I COULDNT HAVE THE NEED TO WATCH THIS ANYMORE... #squee#

#cheer# #cheer# #cheer#

Brettt!!!! I missed you!!! #blowkiss#

the only thing missing is my beloved Jemaine.... #sadlove#

BUT STILL ITS GOOD.
Bret may be The Boom King, but you're the one that makes my heart go BOOM.
theMrs.
There's nothin' wrong

by ajt267 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:32 pm

Guess who is going to see the muppets movie :P #cheer#

It's so nice to see Bret again #excited# #excited# #excited# #excited# He looks just as good as ever #bret# #blowkiss#
♫Wear the eyepatch Bret, wear the funky, funky eyepatch!♫
ajt267
Turning white clouds grey

by emira » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:33 pm

theMrs. wrote:the only thing missing is my beloved Jemaine.... #sadlove#

BUT STILL ITS GOOD.

#sadlove# #sadlove# but isn't that funny that Paul Rudd is going to star in it? He can't stay away from the Conchords #haha# #love3#

Some rumours I've seen before this article (the first story is pretty sad really):

The brutal reality of this business

This week has been tough. One of those weeks that really tests your resolve, your desire to go on; a week that has been at worst a spirit crusher, at best a character builder.

I think it’s important to share some of these difficult periods. Sometimes this blog can seem like a self-aggrandizing promotional tool, and indeed it is that to a degree, but I also want to provide a glimpse into the darker, decidedly unglamourous part of this business.

So here’s the deal.

A month or so ago, Chad and I wrote a humourous rap track for the villain of the upcoming Muppets movie (Tex Richman). This was an entirely solicited pitch, through a well regarded L.A. music supervisor. We knew we did a great job and felt in our bones that we really had a shot. Well, we just found out that we didn’t win the pitch. Now, this in itself shouldn’t have been devastating news; the competition on these pitches is always fierce, and you really can’t expect to win many of them. The difficult part is that the producer from Disney said that she LOVED our track but the director has been working with Bret McKenzie of Flight of the Conchords, and they’ve come up with something else for that scene that they really like. How can you compete with someone who is on the inside track, collaborating with the director? You can’t. The Disney producer said that if it weren’t for Bret McKenzie’s work with the director, our track would have been the one. Ouch.

[...]

source

and via twitter from the guy who's doing choreography for this movie

Ex Producer Martin Baker is the best at his job! Making my job on "Muppet Musical" feature film enjoyable! Composer Bret Mckenzie is fab!

source
#love3#
emira

by Katie » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:11 pm

I am so excited about this!!! #bret# #blowkiss# #blowkiss# #blowkiss#
Katie
Totally Fine

by Amily » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:21 pm

Okay, I feel bad for posting this in a THIRD thread but I don't think anyone saw it in the other places, so I'm posting it here. :P

Muppet Update: Paul Rudd NOT the voice of Walter the Muppet (says @TheInSneider) - but Kristen Schaal has been mentioned as the Moderator.

Source

Sucks about Paul Rudd but how awesome is it that Kristen is now going to be in it as well?! #excited# I think this really will be "The Greatest Muppet Movie Ever Made" ;D

ADD: Actually, I don't know if this means Paul Rudd won't be in it or if it simply just means he won't be doing the voice he was thought to be doing... #shrug#
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by luckym » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:25 pm

Amily wrote:Okay, I feel bad for posting this in a THIRD thread but I don't think anyone saw it in the other places, so I'm posting it here. :P

Muppet Update: Paul Rudd NOT the voice of Walter the Muppet (says @TheInSneider) - but Kristen Schaal has been mentioned as the Moderator.

Source

Sucks about Paul Rudd but how awesome is it that Kristen is now going to be in it as well?! #excited# I think this really will be "The Greatest Muppet Movie Ever Made" ;D

#excited# #excited# #excited#
luckym
I'll nibble chips off your hips

by onlyalways » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:27 pm

CONFIRMATION?
AND A NEW BRET PICTURE?

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

AW Bret!! He looks so happy! #haha#

#excited#

We must be good at guitar... we're not that good.

tumblr | twitter
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

by emira » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:00 pm

Amily wrote:Okay, I feel bad for posting this in a THIRD thread but I don't think anyone saw it in the other places, so I'm posting it here. :P

Source

I've seen your earlier posts :P

I like how FOTC team is still working together #excited2# #love3# #excited2#

ADD

Did you notice that Bret and James aren't there in the iPhone image? Spooky :o #lol#
emira

by chrissycubana » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:16 pm

EEEEEEEE!!!!!

i'm channeling my inner little chrissy who is currently clapping and bouncing around with glee.

#excited# #excited# #excited# #excited# #excited# #excited# #excited# #excited# #excited# #excited# #excited# #excited# #excited# #excited# #excited# #excited# #excited# #excited# #excited# #excited# <---imagine that, but with curly blonde hair.

and a bit less purple.

:D

"If there's one thing I can't stand, it's plagiarism."

"Suddenly, playing with yourself is a scholarly pursuit."
chrissycubana
Caribbean Lady

by Amily » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:19 pm

#bret# #blowkiss# #blowkiss# #blowkiss#
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by luckym » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:50 pm

Amily wrote:

#bret# #blowkiss# #blowkiss# #blowkiss#

#inlove# #inlove# #cloud9# #inlove# #inlove#
luckym
I'll nibble chips off your hips

by emira » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:33 am

That character on the piano is one of my favourite characters in the Muppets. What do you call nim in English? An animal?

And seeing him next to Bret #love3# #love3# #love3#
emira

by unabridged0 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:36 pm

emira wrote:That character on the piano is one of my favourite characters in the Muppets. What do you call nim in English? An animal?

And seeing him next to Bret #love3# #love3# #love3#

Yes, it's Animal. :) He's my favorite too. #love3#
unabridged0
Lost but happy at sea

by nikki78 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:52 pm

Yay Bret! I saw the picture on another site and had to come over here to get the scoop. I was hoping this meant he was doing the music! :D So happy!
nikki78
Smokin' with an eye that's broken

Next

Return to Bret McKenzie