blondesnotbombs
Your leaves are making me horny

by emira » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:10 pm

blondesnotbombs wrote:My DVD has shipped!! #wah# #wah# #wah#

#excited2# #excited2# #excited2#
emira
You can't break this heart...

by blondesnotbombs » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:12 pm

According to the facebook page, Two Little Boys is number one on New Zealand iTunes. #clap#
blondesnotbombs

by emira » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:42 am

blondesnotbombs wrote:According to the facebook page, Two Little Boys is number one on New Zealand iTunes. #clap#

#clap# #clap#
emira

by blondesnotbombs » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:42 pm

MY DVD IS HERE!!!!!

ImageImageImage
blondesnotbombs

by emira » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:50 pm

:o #excited# Is it zone free or region 4? If free, then I'm going to order it myself. :)

Are you going to spoil us with the goodies? Are there many extra features? #excited2#
emira

by blondesnotbombs » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:32 pm

emira wrote::o #excited# Is it zone free or region 4? If free, then I'm going to order it myself. :)

Are you going to spoil us with the goodies? Are there many extra features? #excited2#

It's region 4. :( And no, there aren't that many extras. There are a few - a deleted scene, a few cast interviews and behind the scenes clips (most of them we've already seen), but nothing terribly exciting. I wish there was a commentary for this movie, I bet it would have been priceless.

The movie is so good. Way better than I thought it would be. And Bret's really great in it. #clap# There were a couple of tiny things at the end that made me smile. These aren't really spoilers at all, but I'll cut them just in case:

Spoiler: show
Bret's dad has a cameo!

#heart#

And there's a Black Seeds song (Dance Dance) playing during one of the final scenes. #love3#
blondesnotbombs

by emira » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:32 pm

blondesnotbombs wrote:
emira wrote::o #excited# Is it zone free or region 4? If free, then I'm going to order it myself. :)

It's region 4. :( And no, there aren't that many extras. There are a few - a deleted scene, a few cast interviews and behind the scenes clips (most of them we've already seen), but nothing terribly exciting. I wish there was a commentary for this movie, I bet it would have been priceless.

what a shame. :(

The movie is so good. Way better than I thought it would be. And Bret's really great in it. #clap#

That's great #excited# I suspected that negative reviews and comments were from the people who thought it's going to be a silly light comedy, while the book isn't so, so I didn't think the Sarkies brothers would step away from the original too much. I don't remember, Sam, but did you read the book? Is the film faithful to it?

Spoiler: show
Bret's dad has a cameo!

#heart#

And there's a Black Seeds song (Dance Dance) playing during one of the final scenes. #love3#

Awww.... #love3#
emira

by blondesnotbombs » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:21 pm

emira wrote:I suspected that negative reviews and comments were from the people who thought it's going to be a silly light comedy, while the book isn't so, so I didn't think the Sarkies brothers would step away from the original too much. I don't remember, Sam, but did you read the book? Is the film faithful to it?

I feel the same. I always expected the movie to get pretty mixed reviews (at best) because the material is definitely NOT for everyone.

I have read the book (though it's been a while) and yeah, I do think that the movie stayed pretty faithful to it. I'm sure that if I pulled the book out to read again now I'd notice bits that were missing and bits that were added, but the movie did exactly what I expected it to from beginning to end. There was never a point where I thought, "Hang on, that's nothing like the book".
blondesnotbombs

by emira » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:09 pm

I don't think we have this interview here, but I stumbled upon it while searching for something/someone else.

Interview with the Sarkies Brothers and Bret on Radio One 91fm (mp3).
Radio One page

The film making firm of Sarkies, Sarkies & McKenzie up at Radio One Towers ahead of tonight's Two Little Boys movie Premiere!

facebook
emira

Previous

Return to Bret McKenzie