Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

Random Bretness

Talk about the BOOM King here.

by emira » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:32 pm

blondesnotbombs wrote:Now I'm paranoid that there are loads more of these things out there and I have no idea. :o

I'll keep that in mind when I get to season 27 or even the earlier ones. #thumbsup#
emira
You can't break this heart...

by Amily » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:10 pm

Story Starters

Story Starters is a video resource aimed at engaging boys and inspiring them to write. It has been developed for boys in years 5 to 8, using boys of that age to help create the material. Its main purpose is to kick-start boys’ engagement with writing and be part of a range of tools teachers use to reduce the number of boys who are disengaged or not achieving to their potential in writing.

The opening sentences from the role models were taken to schools in Wellington, with groups of boys in years 5 to 8 developing them into stories. The boys provided a huge range of creative, descriptive, inventive and funny ideas, which a scriptwriter took and crafted into eight stories. These stories were developed into fast-paced, modern and entertaining animated videos.

Story Starters and inspiration videos

There are eight story starter animations. There are two versions for each animation: “What happens next?” animated videos, and Complete Story animated videos. Accompanying each animation is an "inspiration" video where the kiwi role-model who inspired the video talks about why they like writing and how they use it in their work. Accompanying each animation is an "inspiration" video where the kiwi role-model who inspired the video talks about why they like writing and how they use it in their work. They also read their story starter opening sentence.

Bret McKenzie – Big vs Bigger

Story starter by Bret McKenzie, comedian/actor/musician.

An oversized kid must overcome the odds to defeat an even bigger bully.

“Sean was the biggest kid on the street. I'm talking huge, as big as a bus. He actually lifted a bus once with his bare hands. Sean ruled the neighbourhood. He was kind of a big deal. That was until Big Steve, an even bigger kid, moved in next door..."

Introduction by Bret
Bret McKenzie introduces himself and his story starter.

Story animation - What happens next?
The animated story, ending at the climax of the story with the question, "What happens next?"

Complete story animated video
The animated story plays out to its conclusion.

source
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by onlyalways » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:14 pm

Bret on Hamish and Andy!

I started dying from the beginning but when he says "He called them pigs, it's ok he's allowed to do that" I freaking lost it.

We must be good at guitar... we're not that good.

tumblr | twitter
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

by Amily » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:05 pm

blondesnotbombs wrote:
"Loved being in the studio with Brett McKenzie last night! What a guy! X"
{{x}

#wah# #brain# #wah# #brain# #wah#

#love3# #love3# #love3#
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by blondesnotbombs » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:14 pm

It's so lovely!!! #love3# #love3# #love3# Thanks, Ami!

And I'm so happy that the mystery project has finally been solved. It was driving me crazy. #haha#
blondesnotbombs
Your leaves are making me horny

by Amily » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:17 pm

Richard Branson snapped partying on Auckland table top during night out with Rachel Hunter, Eliza McCartney and a whole bunch of other Kiwi stars

The entrepreneur and founder of the Virgin group was in Auckland for his show, An Evening with Sir Richard Branson, which was held last night.

The event was a live discussion, led by John Key, and discussed topics about how to make a difference, business solutions to climate change and the power of entrepreneurship.

On Saturday night, Sir Richard was photographed having dinner with New Zealand sporting stars Liam Malone and Eliza McCartney, as well as Beauden Barrett and his girlfriend Hannah Laity, model Rachel Hunter and star of Flight of the Conchords, Bret McKenzie.

source

#love3#
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by Amily » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:41 am

Bret shows his support for Radio Active an independent radio station in New Zealand. #excited#

#loveeyes#
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

Previous

Return to Bret McKenzie