#love3#
emira
You can't break this heart...

by Chloue » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:41 pm

Here is a picture of TBS from the Matt Grace's website Sylwia found:

Chloue
I like to rock the party!

by emira » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:06 pm

Chloue wrote:Here is a picture of TBS from the Matt Grace's website Sylwia found:

#rofl# #love3# and Bret with his pout #bret# #blowkiss#
emira

by Chloue » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:15 am

FOTCfolkyou They guys from @TheBlackSeeds would like to tell us what Bret's up to, but they can't :(. Interview on Radio NZ http://bit.ly/avnuky #fotc

source
Chloue
I like to rock the party!

by emira » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:42 am

Yellow Pages ad TV Spot

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnY2hbc22Wo[/youtube]

;D
emira

by Amily » Sun May 15, 2011 10:33 am

Newly uploaded old video from when Bret was still in the band! #aziz#

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoPWyWw2RJk[/youtube]
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by introinter2003 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:41 am

Is funny how my mind goes balistic and thinks about Bad Seeds any time I heard/read about Black seeds, even when I know they don´t have anything in common!!!

(silly post I know, but triying to post and help the board to keep in motion) #thumbsup#
introinter2003
There's nothin' wrong

by emira » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:31 pm

introinter2003 wrote:(silly post I know, but triying to post and help the board to keep in motion) #thumbsup#

#glomp# #glomp# #glomp#

(Even sillier :P )
emira

by emira » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:53 am

This video is just awesome

Fire

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJzw9Ct6cX0[/youtube]

Thanks, Sam! #glomp#
emira

by emira » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:50 am

Their new album, Dust and Dirt, can be streamed online before its release later this month. The more I listen to it, the more I like it. #love3# I heard their new songs in Auckland last year, but my ear wasn't prepared for new tunes, so I was very critical. It's changing now. #lol#

http://theblackseeds.com/dustanddirtstream/

And I'm going to see them in London again on 19th April. ;D

Is anyone going to see them in the States? Their first show is in LA on Thursday. TOMORROW! #cheer#

Check out the rest of the tour dates.
emira

by emira » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:13 pm

I just want to put this live chat with Mike Fabulous here for safekeeping. I snorted and loled many times reading it. #love3#

[...]

Stuff moderator:
Alright. We're ready to roll. Welcome Mike!

Mike Fabulous:
Hey folks!

Mike Fabulous:
I apologise in advance for my two - finger typing skills.

Stuff moderator:
So, here's the first question. Cameron wants to know:
Where was the best gig you have every played in NZ?

Mike Fabulous:
Hey Cameron...probably the Wellington town hall show when we released Into The Dojo. I've just seen so many great bands there over the years...

Stuff moderator:
Here's one from Rehia: What was your most humiliating moment on stage? Keep up the great work boys!!

Mike Fabulous:
Hey Rehia. Hmmm, in recent memory probably playing a festival in NY - I was going hard and I just lost balance and fell over on the moniters! Maybe it was the heat.

Stuff moderator:
He, he. That happens to the best :)

Stuff moderator:
Katie asks: If you could play anywhere in the world, where would you play?

Mike Fabulous:
Hey Katie - tough one, but I'd probably say Japan just because I've always wanted to go there but haven't had the chance!

Comment From Rebecca
What your favorite NZ band at the moment?

Mike Fabulous:
Hey Rebecca. I love Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Parallel Dance Ensemble and anything Mara TK does. I'm not just saying that cos he's my flatmate!

Stuff moderator:
The next one, is a bit of a weird one from Don: Gday Mike .. a friend of mine once claimed to have seen a UFO which inspired me to make a painting about her sighting .. have you ever seen a UFO or weird occurrence that has inspired you in your creative process ?

So what has inspired you?

Mike Fabulous:
Hey Don. No UFO sightings for me. I'm inspired by all kinds of music, the ups and downs of life etc etc. I don't usually write lyrics, so inspiration is slightly less specific...

Comment From Phil
where do you get your name, mike 'fabulous' from?

Mike Fabulous:
Hey Phil. As a teenager, I dreamt up a band called Mike Fabulous And The Star Factory Orchestra, where a fancied myself as the conductor of an industrial orchestra - trash cans and metal and the like. That never happened, but for some unusual reason the name stuck. I've tried to get rid of it in the past, but I'm okay with it now. My real name is Michael August!

Stuff moderator:
Awesome story! Here's a question from Ben: Ben: Obviously most of The Black Seeds members have been involved in various other projects over the years, whether it be Fly my Pretties, Fabulous Arabia, Flight of the Conchords or any of the other groups people have grown to love and I was wondering if at any point whilst recording or performing with other groups has it seemed like The Black Seeds were over and not likely to get back together?

Mike Fabulous:
Hey Ben, the only point like that came when the two original members left! Rich was finding it hard to balance the band with a real job (which he had!) and Shannon had just had enough. I remember the moment when the rest of us were wondering whether to give up or try and find a new rhythm section. I'm glad we did!

Comment From Kyrin
Where do you want to see the black seeds in the next 3-6 years?

Mike Fabulous:
Hey Kyrin, it's not the type of question I often ask myself! But I guess I personally want to maintain the good thing we've got going. I'd like to base myself in Europe during the NZ winter, and come back for summer! Doesn't sound like a bad lifestyle, does it?

Comment From Guest
Further to the name question, why The Black Seeds?

Mike Fabulous:
That goes so far back into the recesses of time as to no longer have an answer, at least not one I'm aware of. Ask the internet!

Comment From Reuben
Are you guys earning a living from Black Seeds?

Mike Fabulous:
Hey Reuben! Are we ever? I just popped some champagne! In all seriousness, yes we do, but sometimes you really wonder how you're gonna pay the rent next week...but it's usually because you spent all your money on records or music gear. Ha!

Stuff moderator:
From Chazz: Do you have something like lucky undies you wear on stage or a ritual you do before a gig?

Mike Fabulous:
I'm glad you asked Chazz. I have worn the same pair of lucky underpants for everysingle Black Seeds show and they haven't let me down yet. I think they were purple, originally. Aside from that I usually do a bunch of stretches if I'm tired, and wash my feet and put on clean socks if I've been driving in a van for hours and haven't had the chance for a shower Ahhh, the joys of the road.

Stuff moderator:
There's nothing that can beat clean feet, eh. Here's another one about touring. Aroha asks: What is the funniest mishap that happened to you guys on a tour?

Mike Fabulous:
Well Aroha, there have been a few. And usually they don't seem so funny at the time. How about running late for a flight in Germany and making it just in time - to the wrong airport. Doh!!!

Comment From Mark
U recently worked with Lawrence Arabia, is there any other artists you would like to work with in the future?

Mike Fabulous:
Hey Mark. Yeah, that was great. We got two shows coming up in Welli and AK in two weeks time (shameless plug for Fabulous/Arabia) and the album's coming out on VINYL! Oh jeah. I'd love to make a future folk record with NZ's greatest dancer/songwriter/chef Mara TK. And I would love to make a track with Coco Solid. She's the baddest!

Stuff moderator:
Time is flying, when you're having fun. We only have time for a couple of more questions....so one really elaborate one:

Comment From Ben Smith
Hey Mike thanks for answering my last question and giving us your time to do this today. Hope the US tour has been going smoothly so far. Just wondering, Other than the order that the albums where released in, what would you say is your recommended order for someone to listen all The Black Seeds albums in?

Mike Fabulous:
Hey Ben. Hmmm. Hard to tell, cos I never listen to the albums again after I've made them! So I'd probably say listen to my favourites - Dust And Dirt, Into The Dojo, Solid Ground, Keep On Pushing, On The Sun. I can't believe I can still remember what they're all called! Did I miss any? He he.

Stuff moderator:
So and now the last question from Tina: What’s your favourite song of the album and why?

Mike Fabulous:
Hey Tina. Probably Wide Open. I like it because the rhythm section sounds bangin', there's a swirling psychadelic quality to it and I like the melancholy of the vocals.

Stuff moderator:
Mike - any last - and possibly wise - words for the fans?

Mike Fabulous:
Thanks everyone! That was fun. Sorry if I used too many exclamation marks. Here's some great dietry advice : eat a little, often. Mostly plants. Can't go wrong with that! x Fabs.

Stuff moderator:
Thanks for tuning in to our live chat with The Black Seeds and thanks for taking the time Mike Fabulous! Best of luck with the tour and the new album!

Mike Fabulous:
Cheers! Going great so far, so thanks to all those people who are buying it and who will come to the shows!

stuff.co.nz

#inlove# #fit# #inlove#
emira

by emira » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:42 am

Newest music video for "Cracks In Our Crown". I ADORE this song, but I'm not sure if I like this video. There are some brilliant moments. The best thing was to see Lucien Johnson (sax) in it, my newest Kiwi musician crush. #blush#

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1Xf-npNlyg[/youtube]
emira

by blondesnotbombs » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:06 am

I'm not crazy about the video either, but I looove the song. One of my favorites.
blondesnotbombs
Your leaves are making me horny

by emira » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:05 pm

emira wrote:The best thing was to see Lucien Johnson (sax) in it, my newest Kiwi musician crush. #blush#

I found this photo while browsing Mandatory Menswear fb albums

#loveeyes# #shy#
emira

by emira » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:05 am

This time I like the video more than the song

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcSzgMghFLE[/youtube]
emira

PreviousNext

Return to Bret McKenzie